XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

100% concur, as someone who really wanted these type of games on Xbox it was a fantastic trilogy.

Still sad Microsoft didn’t acquire them though.

1 Like

I understand you very well on that. Xuan Yuan could end up on GP, there’s just no telling. Tales of Arise is something I can see being added next year, I actually expected it this year but that didn’t happen. And I really get you about buying games you really want to support, same here. I love that Xbox is finally getting Chinese games like Xuan Yuan and Sword and Fairy, so I should just go and buy it, 25 euros is a great deal too.

Yeah, that damn backlog and GP makes sure you won’t run out of games to play, that’s why Arise is also in your backlog now, I definitely can relate with that, lol.

1 Like

1 Like

Ha ha, that’s actually the reason I brought it up in the first place. I remember you bringing up this game in the past and didn’t want to joylessly dissuade you from buying something you’d enjoy because it’s ~suboptimal~

Let me know what you think, maybe I’ll pick it up the next time it goes on sale!

1 Like

I hope at some point xbox gives us the option to pay for a full year of gamepass up front. maybe even a little cheaper

2 Likes

Surprised they don’t already to be honest. I thought it was pretty much business 101 to want to have your customers locked in a longterm subscription plan.

I know they kind of have that with the gold conversion, but I also thought they would have something more straightforward.

1 Like

Yeah it’s super weird. PS has it for all of their tiers.

2 Likes

Honestly, it can release whenever. It heavily depends on the level of quality and optimization they want to achieve at launchh. I would not necessary say that it will release in the second half though.

But you never know.

November 2024 according to some Bethesda youtubers.

Personally, I think it will release in the June to August summer slot.

1 Like

I really hope earlier than that! Summer timeframe maybe.

1 Like

I say release it when its ready. Id be ok with starfield towards the end of the year because there is so much comming to gamepass the first half. Especially if ABK closes and Diablo 4 launches in there

1 Like

quarry over elden ring

3 Likes

Wait, Sword and Fairy 7 is on sale? Are you in the US Store?

1 Like

Where did you read this? I am guessing Sony fanboys on social media who for some reason just don’t want us to have nice things. Because I haven’t seen this myself.

For my own sanity (lol, kidding, but you know…) I’m taking a holiday 2023 release into full account, but I hope it’s in the first half. Assuming the game has been done for a while now and they are in bug squashing and polishing phase it should be doable. BGS games never launch bug-free, no game overall nowadays.

Sorry man, I meant Xuan Yuan Sword 7.

1 Like

If anything the Halo Infinity delay gives me an impression that Spencer has his limit on allowing games to be delayed (publicly). If Starfield announced for 1st half of next year then it would he released in 1st half. no matter what state the game currently in. (obviously as long as not disastrous as C2077 level).

3 Likes

This is my hope as well, if it’s in a good enough state just go for it. No games releases bug free. But the reality is also that in terms of game releases there will be plenty, assuming Redfall and FM are all on track for the first half too. Plus Game Pass games and multiplatform titles in general. A decision to delay their big one could be made more easily.

1 Like

yeah it def hits this year for sure though

redfall on the other hand should release earlier but from some playtests ive heard about its seems just ok

1 Like

TGA surprise drop in a few weeks?

1 Like

Feeling a July release for Starfield

I think they’re two different cases. Halo had already been through a longer development period than expected and had been building to a 2020 release for multiple years - a delay of one year was taken pretty poorly by the audience a delay of two years would have been brutal. Plus as a live service title they arguably did gain to benefit from just getting the game out there and start reacting to player feedback (I don’t think this really worked out, in part because the game was in a worse state than expected and because the audience just couldn’t really handle this well). On top of all this Xbox was in an overall fairly dry period and perhaps didn’t have room for such a delay.

Starfield though - I think after the negativity around Fallout 76’s launch Bethesda really needs to come out with Starfield in as polished a state as they can. Both for their own reputation and because it’d reflect poorly on Microsoft and the acquisition if the game came out buggy and Microsoft was seen as “pushing titles out”. 2023 is already pretty jam packed for Microsoft, they should take all the time they need to get their biggest title of the year out right.

1 Like