XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Sony and their 3rd party marketing deals, trying to appear as if the game is console exclusive is some high tier BS. Seriously how is this good for The Callisto Protocol? hiding not only one but two different versions of the game…sometimes I don’t understand how this industry works.

6 Likes

I think it will do better than PSVR1 but PS5 is likely to go on to sell over 100m units, unless PSVR2 is able to sell 10s of millions of units, why would most devs be interested in supporting it when they can just target PS5/XB and save resources?

That’s the major issue with these accessory type things, in order for them to really catch on they need to be almost as successful as the console itself and they never are

1 Like

I am sarcastic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, I guess it works if they are doing that? :man_shrugging: If person follows the game then he would think that it is not available on Xbox unless he searches independently.

Cheap and effective. Don’t need to buy time exclusivity or anything, just promote as if other platform does not exist. And it does not help that developers are not willing to ignore that Playstation exists - too popular platform.

Maybe Microsoft will learn magic like that but probably will stick only to Game Pass deals just like usual. Though I recall even in trailers of games like Minecraft, Sony removes anything remotely referencing Xbox.

ya xbox needs to get more aggressive with the marketing like sony. I hope they start getting more third party exclusives as well. Sony as far as we know has one first party game next year and thats a maybe. its lst of us factions. but they also have 3rd party exclusives and big names in silent hill and ff16 and that forskin game they also have marketing rights on resident evil 4. the marketing they have is much better

3 Likes

Xbox has seriously dropped off from big 3rd party marketing deals, the last really big one was cyberpunk, Sony in the meantime FIFA, COD, any big 3rd person game Sony is always there to associate themselves with the game. Creates a certain perception for games coming to Ps5, even for multiplat games Xbox and PC players are left wondering if they are getting the game.

Sony reinvests so much money into marketing it no surprise ABK alone makes similar amount of profit.

2 Likes

Not to be that guy, but advertising CoD will be enough for Xbox. Why else Sony is begging the universe to save gaming.

5 Likes

ya but your talking years from now since phil said they are going to keep the current deals for past the contract period,

No the marketing deal ends in 2024 I think the deal after that isn’t for marketing but just having the game on PS5

4 Likes

they do get some good ones. Vahalla was good. I still say cyberpunk was good. They have diablo 4 but even then they dont market the way sony does

They will get there. Persona 5 was pretty good, even the fake missing cat sign.

3 Likes

Persona 5 R was the amazing outliner in that regard. I do wonder if they start doing stuff like more often (but I doubt). I would not be surprised that this marketing contributed to Persona being in top played. If it was just added as is to Game Pass, I doubt it would reach such numbers.

1 Like

ya persona 5 was weird. i havnt seen that kid of marketing from them in a long time and for an old game. I do hope they do that more often

There’s a thread for Xbox marketing yall :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s a good thing for Sony yeah but isn’t this marketing deal making the game appear as it is available on two less platforms? won’t this affect the game negatively in the end? especially for a game like TCP that isn’t gonna put the charts on fire and probably needs every sale it can get. I dunno maybe I am naive but this doesn’t make sense to me. :man_shrugging:

About marketing deals in general with the way Sony is handling their contracts with blocking potential Game Pass deals yeah I agree that MS should go after some big names and make some marketing deals just to avoid this BS from Sony. I wouldn’t be surprised if now Sony uses 3rd party marketing deals not for image or marketing reasons but to mainly block Game Pass deals which in the end means weakening the service as a whole. MS should be way more aggressive with this stuff going forward IMO.

1 Like

The problem is that Playstation is still vastly more popular platform outside USA so not promoting a platform like Xbox does not make the game lose much.

I dont see it going better than PSVR1. Not with this price tag, lack of software and no PC compatibility.

3 Likes

I don’t see PS5 selling 100m units. Every time PS sold more than 100m it was at the expense of other platforms (PS2, PS4) as the console market hasn’t grown much and this time Xbox is doing better than in Xbox One era.

It’s the last/recent one, so hopefully when the next big game (first-party) release come soon, we will see this level of marketing.

Personally I think that has to do with the fact that they’re now buying whole 3rd party pubs :phil_lmao:

1 Like