XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

In Sweden that would cost a total of at least $1600.

1 Like

Re Twitter, hopefully the last one for today…

153-D0-C88-8-B75-4093-A172-802-FF420-DB69

3 Likes

Graphics and presentation is amazing, but I think I am getting fatigued by the grand AAA third person action adventure Sony games. I think they’re all following similar formulas and it’s getting somewhat to a ubisoft level. I am not sure if its the story or the characters but it just doesn’t feel the same as the first one. I had similar feeling with Horizon Foribdeen West and didn’t have energy to finish it

3 Likes

With the dire economic outlook for the UK, I am willing to take a punt and say that PSVR2 is dead on arrival over here.

Even more since you need to include the cost of the electricity and house or apartment and etc… :rofl: My gawd the reply tweets attacking the premise of cost is something else. They simply can’t be called to do any individual thinking. Its cult-like.

4 Likes

Yeah, they are quite brainwashed. It is a cult.

6 Likes

Kind of thinking of picking up Witcher 3 since it’s only like $10 during this sale and it has the upgrades coming. I played it before when it was on Game Pass I think lol.

2 Likes

Worth it.

8 Likes

Just saw that Star Ocean is $15 off on Amazon Canada. Doesn’t seem like US Amazon has a deal though. Not sure if I’ll grab or not. Only Playstation got a digital sale for it sadly.

And yes Amazon made a typo on the title :sob:

1 Like

PSVR2 reminds me of Vita. Almost no 1st party support announced and none from Playstations big studios.

This thread gave me almost an anxiety attack, all too real.

Just make sure you buy the same version if you want to use your save game. i think on Xbox the Goty edition and the normal Game Pass edition are not compatible.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone is going to like every game but at the same time, im sure people know what they prefer, like and enjoy the most. This is why I don’t play souls games for example. They’re not for me. I don’t like them so why would I play them? Everyone should play what they know they’re going to like and enjoy.

This I can completely understand and agree with. I love most of Sony’s first party games to completion but yeah, they’re the current generation version of Ubisoft’s last generation formula and template. The only difference is that Sony’s games normally have the better story and characters than Ubisoft games.

Any opinions on Little Noah: Scion of Paradise? Looks neat and on sale, looking for a cozy, mind off progression game.

It was $25 earlier on GameStop.ca. Doubt they were going to honour it though.

Ah, I bought that immediately after seeing it on that one Nintendo Direct lol. Was very worth it! The presentation is very nice, like a mobile/gacha game but without the nastiness of emptying your wallet (there is no gacha element, was just comparing the “feel” of the presentation). Combat is really good and satisfying, and on Hard mode (which I started on) it was decently tough. Exploration is also pretty relaxed, you can fast travel to all rooms you’ve been on on the floor to easily get to rooms you haven’t been to yet. As you keep playing you’ll keep unlocking new types of rooms to encounter.

Every time you die, you get currency to buy additional permanent upgrades, and can unlock costumes with various effects. You can also complete achievements to unlock these “equipable” statues and apply further buffs. There’s just a satisfying loop here that Cygames really nailed and like I said I think it comes from their mobile game experience (but again, without the money draining part lol). You’re always unlocking and earning upgrades.

I guess some cons would be, that there isn’t much variety in boss fights. You’ll fight the same ones a lot and it gets boring and predictable. Usually I just saved all my “screen wipe” specials for these so I could get them over with quickly. The game length is also pretty short, I finished it in about 12 hours on Hard, and that’s with me dying a lot. It’s probably more like 8 hours on Normal. Also, I did not feel compelled to keep playing after beating the final boss. There is no extra challenges unlocked afterwards. I did have plenty of upgrades and achievements left to do though, just didn’t feel a reason to get them.

I would recommend it, this game has me pretty excited for Cygames’ future console games.

2 Likes

How did I know you’d be the one to respond? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks for the great, thoughtful, detailed impressions. Very helpful, this is exactly what I was looking for. You rock! I think I’ll buy now, I’ll let you know what I think when I’m done if you’re interested.

2 Likes

I willing to say PS VR 2 is DOA everywhere. maybe over the next 7 years it hits just as much as psvr1 did. thats good I guess

1 Like

Think that is the prevailing consensus: That it will probably be do as well as PSVR1, which I doubt will be enough for Sony judging by their lack of support for it.

1 Like

Thinking about doing the same,it’s an excellent deal imo and there’s a LOT of quality gaming time there.

I am shocked I tell ya, shocked.

How is this shocking when we saw what they had with Destiny and recently Hogwarts