XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Dunno. I know rumors said that one of these is “from a Japanese developer”, but I’d need to know more than that to get excited. I severely doubt it’s internally from Konami, who’s output for the last 5 years has been classic game collections and budget JP market targeted Switch games.

As said on the Xboxera podcast, I think Kojima is the only one besides Team Silent who would do it justice, but that bridge is completely torched I think.

what a galaxy brain move. the official SH twitter account follows more xbox-related accounts than the PS one but the leaks (so far) barely mentioned the former. :joy:

Japanese language support for A Plague Tale Requiem is coming at the same time as its release on PS5 in Japan.
However, PC version included Japanese localization data file and has already been localized but disabled.
(Playable in Japanese on PC by adding a line to langdef.tsc files)

It Blocking Japanese language support even though it is already localized.

https://twitter.com/APlagueTale/status/1582675480083562496?s=20&t=l2YmYUZgUPT2jPP-r1apAA https://twitter.com/Alikick/status/1582523923341914112?s=20&t=qFpUSdLMzPdRslYqLpjCgA

1 Like

So they disabled Japanese on other platforms until Playstation gets it :sweat_smile:?

9 Likes

Yeah I don’t think a modern Silent Hill is gonna be good, especially not Bloober, but Annapurna’s Silent Hill could be interesting tbh. That one at least could just be timed exclusive (2yrs) :slight_smile:

Damn, I wondner if indeed japanese translation is not available due to PSN. Even here Sony is detrimental to gamers :rofl:

2 silent hill games and a movie . Both games have links to PS Store and Steam so PS console exclusives .

Maybe it’s just not finished yet and needs more time, there’s a difference between functionally in the game and being ready to ship. It’s dissapointing but I’m glad it’s still coming for Japanese gamers.

3 Likes

Avowed’s screenshot

:eyes:

14 Likes

:eyes:

This looks interesting

10 Likes
4 Likes

Where did you get this from ?

Other-Era!

This is almost nothing. Leak the whole clip bro, whoever has it.

This screenshot does clear out the ‘colorful’ stance from Jez

What are the chances someone just took Jez’s pixelated image and ran some processing algorithm on it to approximate the source?

Well they are pushing to crack down on App Stores on mobile for a reason.
Probably that’s the way how they want to integrate xCloud - via separate launcher where it would be akin Microsoft/Xbox store with streaming and mobile content.

Probably they will either retire the existing Xbox app and replace with that store, or build on top of the existing Xbox app.

That would be crazy. So I guess around 0.

This really doesn’t look colorful tbh but if you mean compared to the trailer then yeah probably. It’s likely going to have multiple regions/biomes some are gonna be colorful and some less so, and dungeons will be dark and gritty for sure.