XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Sounds as crazy as “enhance” from films .

1 Like

5 Likes
8 Likes

Not going to lie, starting to legit hate PS.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I was looking for it but couldn´t find it.

Looks dope in my opinion, love me some colors.

So it looks like Sony has 12 months of exclusivity for the Silent Hill 2 remake

2 Likes

Well, I guess the other game is not exclusive?

Bloober will have a lot to live up to for that remake. SH2 is a game that fans will literally say “you’re playing it wrong” if you aren’t playing it on a PS2 (emulating is “wrong” too) on a CRT TV.

Personally I just hope Bloober mostly sticks to the original game, and doesn’t add too much “flavor”.

1 Like

This means Xbox can now buy Sega to make things fair

5 Likes

Silent Hill has had ten games released through the franchises history and it has yet to brake ten million in lifetime sales by the end of 2018. Explain to me again why this reboot/remake is garnering so much hype and anticipation… or don’t bother, they’re as transparent as Casper, lol

4 Likes

Playstation exclusive + Nostalgia = Maximum internet hype

12 Likes

Dedicated, enthusiastic and loud fanbase, also, Kojima brought a lot of hype around the IP. Playstation association + exclusive, and you can understand where it’s coming from.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yep

Sales are important but don’t underestimate appealing to the hardcore with more “niche” franchises

Sony are a shitty company but they are smart with the games they choose to moneyhat, they get people and the community talking and it constantly keeps them in the spotlight

2 Likes

Yet they’re crying over 360 era game franchise.

At the end of the day, it might not be be “bad” for Xbox directly that Silent Hill isn’t on it, but It can kinda have an effect like JRPGe and fighting games where a bunch of notable releases in the genre are controlled or influenced by Sony it starts affecting the whole genre on Xbox. Playstation gets Silent Hill, on top of Resident Evil heavy marketing exclusive demos etc. Callisto Protocol marketing and exclusive content, and they work like that to get the horror fanbase locked to their ecosystem…

1 Like

Not really. Fighting game already looked recovered, especially with Street Fighter franchise back on board. Guilty Gear is returning and in Game Pass no less. Fighting game, Xbox is good and bonus, they still have their own exclusive franchise. RPG, it’s growing but Square wants to play stupid game for stupid prize, so that’s an issue. Silent Hill being timed exclusive is only a dust on the shoulder to dust off.

Nostalgic IP has alot of equity nowadays. Plus it’s always had a die hard fan base.

Not to mention Silent Hill fanbase is like Halo fanbase but without a game :joy:

1 Like