XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Of course. But ill still play it i only beat the ps4 version once and it was a great game id play again. But only When its on Ps premium by the time i buy a ps5

Im going to eventually buy a ps5 next year and im looking forward to playing a lot of these without having to spend 70 bucks on them.

1 Like

I wish Xbox would do a couple remaster/remake surly it would be faster than making new games

At times like this when new 1st party games are still not coming out fast enough having a remaster/remake of older games would fill the void wile we wait for the big hitter to drop

Nice. Just under two months to go until I get my first new release game since Tiny Tinaā€™s Wonderlands. Looking forward to replaying my game of the 360/PS3 generation with the combat and gameplay of TLOUP2.

Just feels creatively bankrupt. I think the series has been handled terribly since the first game.

5 Likes

TLOU1 is going to sell like hot cakes and it will send a terrible message that consumers will pay top price for pointless re-releases of games that donā€™t need remaking.

13 Likes

I was just thinking that they could remake part 2 and release it in 2025 and it would sell like gangbusters too.

1 Like

Canā€™t really blame them cause if it sells they will milked it till every last drop

Selling the same thing over and over to its members does fit really well with a cult MO.

1 Like

I wonder what the Sony/Apple/Tesla fan venndiagram looks like

1 Like

This is my biggest thought when something like this comes up, I can never get mad at all these remakes/remasters/re-releases cause there are plenty of games I WISH were treated as well as the likes of The Last of Us or Skyrim. Like where is my Fable Anniversary: Anniversary edition.

Doing a quality remake and bringing it to a new generation is pretty cool to me.

The pricing is wack, no ifs or buts about it but fanbases of forgotten franchises would kill for a remake of this caliber.

1 Like

Plus it will be on PC so :person_shrugging:

Re-re-releases: FTFY :wink:

4 Likes

At $70 bucksā€¦

2 Likes

TLOUP1 makes sense business wise. The HBO show is early 2023 so that will bring in new players who didnā€™t play the original plus there will eventually be a directorā€™s cut for TLOUP2 and then the finale to end the generation. Having all three modernized for the same console (PS5) will be great for those who want to own all three on a single console.

For me, itā€™s having the opportunity to replay one of my best/greatest games of all time but with the superior combat and gameplay of TLOUP2. Since the game went gold today, I wish it was releasing sooner than September but oh well.

Remakes and remasters that are basically the same game that are already perfectly playable are a waste of time. For the same reason plenty of us donā€™t want a Gears remake, donā€™t want any 1st party studio wasting time on something like that. Iā€™d like reboots and reimagined games.

3 Likes

Agree with Gears but I would like to see a Fable remake trilogy but it probably wonā€™t happen.

1 Like

Fable remakes would make sense if it werenā€™t for the reboot

People should also wait to see what changes this remake introduces to the game. If its true that they improve the gameplay and it feels like part 2ā€™s one on top of having a graphical uograde then :+1:

If its just a graphical upgradeā€¦then I will also be happy since I will be replaying one of my favorite games again when it launc on PC next year :v (but I will understand the frustration of charging $70/80 for just a graphical update)

@peter42O Oh I completely forgot about the rumor of a TLOU part 2 directors cutā€¦maybe next year it will launch? My hope is that this remaster will be day one PC. What do you think?

1 Like

Can we expect a Fallout 1 remake than since there is a Amazon Fallout show coming :thinking: