XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

…because it’s Sony who purchased them?

1 Like

Is Sony “”“”“forcing”“”" them to do that? They’re known for single player games aren’t they? :doge:

They have never made a game . Though Jade was working on a live service game at google .

1 Like

I remember the expectation from Jade and her team to be single player games tbh

Jade was working on a multi-player game for Stadia, she took it with her when she left and created Haven. Sony made a deal with her for that game to be fully exclusive to PS5 and several months later, acquired Haven which was a good acquisition as it gives Sony a multi-player focused game that has nothing to do with their main studios, the price was most likely very cheap and they now have a studio in Canada and can recruit talent there. Overall, low risk, high reward type acquisition.

1 Like

The primary expectation from Jade should be that she actually releases a game this time .

1 Like

Lol, but she probably has no excuse now

I can not believe that Psychonauts 2 physical copy is $70. The game is almost a year old! Like it came out last August…on game…pass. And I finished it like three times…at this poi…

Yeah, never mind. Don’t give a fuck

But dont you get a bunch of of physical trinkets with it?

The “reward” part is unknown until their game/s actually release. MP/live service games aren’t easy/low cost and guaranteed success games, they involve risks and costs too, it’s just that if they land and land well they generate great and steady long-term revenue for much lower - maintenance and support - costs, greater than that of single player games.

1 Like

2 Likes

Considering that they are making a cloud game, I wonder if cloud games are suddenly cool now :roll_eyes:

What does it even mean? Microsoft is scraping the bottom of the barrel with their acquisitions?

What do you mean? $70 will make the game certified art

1 Like

Yeah, she doesn’t have a good track record in recent years, but I think that’s a bit of bad luck with parent companies (Google and EA).

So the game by Kojima for Xbox…

We assume it’s the game he was going to make for Google Stadia, right? Was this confirmed to be a horror game or more like rumored?

Kojima didn’t give a single detail on what kind of game it would be, so it’s clearly far, far away. Makes me wonder if it is the Stadia game at all.

Hope it is, cause a horror by this man…very interested in that.

Only rumors. Officially we had nothing.

Bullshit this is. Just a coward move not putting out goldeneye because of this. Same with nintendo with advance wars.

1 Like

Does anyone here have any experience with the Arctis Nova Pro Wireless for Xbox? Just wondering if it’s worth the steep asking price. Hoping to get something that I can use for Xbox, PS and PC, also that hotswap battery feature seems extremely handy.