XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Did they happen to tell you the price for the game? I know there’s a 20% discount if you bought Bright Memory which I did. Thanks.

I’m definitely going to be playing Skull & Bones since everything can be played solo. Ubisoft announced that it is a live service game and all future content will be free. Never count out Ubisoft. Look at For Honor and Rainbow Six Siege. Those games were dead on arrival and are still going 6+ and 5+ years respectively.

Yep. Sea of Thieves was a below 70 rated game, took almost two years to get great content and really build a player install base.

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ubisoft accept a payday for Game Pass or PlayStation Plus.

Pretty much this. Just like im in the minority for disliking the Xbox Showcase, forums and social media are the minority for Ubisoft games. Even 70 rated games do amazing for them at times. They’ll be just fine.

That’s a good way of putting it. A lot of people are saying that as if it’s a bad thing, but they’ve very very clearly set out to make a game where you do effectively play as the pirate ship. It seems odd to me to criticise the game for not being something they aren’t trying to make it. It reminds me of a scaled back Eve Online - you customise your ship and then go complete quests, fight each other or gather supplies to trade.

3 Likes

I understand this game had a troubled development, but no actual pirate-to-pirate combat is extremely disappointing to me.

Yep, people just jumping to conclusions without understanding the fundamentals of things.

If it wasn’t for the horrendous price tag I would jump on this game day one, as it is I’ll wait for Game Pass or a deep sale.

1 Like

It was? I mean it was first of its kind and multiplayer spree wasn’t that booming yet at the time. Also, Xbox + Rare + live service = haterade. Think about it. You got Rare, a studio in which people still believe they have all the same talent as their heyday. You got live service, the worst thing that gamers feel to believe to happen. At last, you got Xbox, the most hated company on Earth according to Sony E3 2013. That’s a lot of reasons to downvote.

1 Like

Ubisof did it with Division 1. I played it day 1 till the last DLC. At one point this game was unbalanced and broken for like 5 month. But Massive Entertainment fixed almost everything and it was a solid game.

Sea of Thieves was a big succses on launch, if Skull and Bones flops it is not comparable. And sea of thieves always had a considerably good player base until it got the big playerbase push from streamers in the sec year.

Wait, the cutoff for TGA GOTY nomination is November 19? So what was the reason Horizon 5 not being nominated again?

It’s Xbox.

6 Likes

Assassin’s Creed is literally Ubisoft biggest franchise yet. Of course, she will always attract attention. And Valhalla had pretty good views. Therefore, I don’t understand what you are talking about.

Skull and Bones is a new intellectual property that even Ubisoft doesn’t really need, judging by Kotaku reports.

Metrics of its views and coverage are scanty. The audience, right now, is basically not interested in this game.

It’s all about what people will talk about while online.

One of the important criteria for Gaas games is to talk about it.

Right now, the reaction is quite negative.

And this game also costs $70, which is ridiculous enough, and further pushes the audience back.

I don’t know what can help this game to be honest. Only hype from streamers, perhaps, but I also doubt it.

It is $20 on Steam, so I’d assume near that.

Sure and I hope they don’t give up, but my feeling is they are just want to release the game and move on into a new thing.

Time will tell.

Forza Horizon 5 won 53 overall game of the year awards. 34 from media outlets and 19 from reader’s choice.

The Game Awards is just one out of hundreds. Don’t know why so many people care about if a game gets nominated or not when again, it’s just one of hundreds.

Oh damn. That’s cheaper than I thought. Hope it’s the same for Xbox. Thanks Jesse.

2 Likes

Gaming outlets just didnt vote for it . iirc only IGN nominated FH5 as GOTY .

1 Like

The point is that if you were to listen to people online you’d hear nothing but negativity surrounding Assassin’s Creed the past few years but sales keep going up and up, and in particular there is a lot of negativity surrounding Valhalla and yet it’s the best selling AC game of all time. My point is even relative to how successful Assassin’s Creed typically is - Valhalla, the game that gets the most negativity online and launched in a particularly busy season of game releases, did really really well. People online tend to live in a bubble of negativity when it comes to Ubisoft that doesn’t necessarily extend to the wider audience. It’s day one of the games relaunched hype cycle and it is indeed a brand new IP, I think it’s just way too soon to judge.

5 Likes

You’d think it would be obvious to Ubisoft how much people are craving a more realistic version of Sea of Thieves

Travelling throughout the seas, robbing places and ships, actual good sword combat and something more single player focused would make absolute bank

But they give us that

it’s only like 2 or 3 hours long, so $20 seems a bit steep :doge:

It was nominated and won best sports/racing game at TGA.

I’m gonna buy Mario vs Rabbids. It really surprised me how fun it is, I thought I would not care about it with that kind of combat system. Ten bucks is nothing.

Might spend 15 and have the season pass with it.

Yeah, true but with the discount, it would be $16 which isn’t bad. I’m still waiting for it to be listed on the Xbox Store as all they have is Bright Memory and some kind of ultimate edition but no price.

It’s a great game. My #1 Switch game and the reason why I bought a Switch to begin with. The DKC expansion is pretty good too but is more of the same.