XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

it’s just a matter of time when all publishers including the good guy MS start to charging 70 bucks for their games.

I’m not going to publicly call them out on Twitter or anything but there has definitely been rereleases for backwards compatible games. I remember seeing them in stores.

Review | Eternal Hope - XboxEra

Sorry I’ve been slacking so hard lately, I only got this code about 4 hours or so ago :doge: (this game is VERY short)

7 Likes

And Game Pass will be even greater value for casuals.

1 Like

People will most likely say they’re only increasing it because they want to push people to game pass lol

1 Like

Yes, it’s Peter Weller. His likeness and voice will be in the game. Looked pretty good and im definitely looking forward to it. Nacon has come out of nowhere for me as there’s one game im buying day one (Steel Rising) and a few others including RoboCop that im very interested in.

Not surprised that Ubisoft went to $70 as I have been expecting them to do so once they dropped last generation consoles. Only thing I was off on was the game that starts it. It’s Skull & Bones but I was expecting it to be Avatar especially since I wasn’t expecting S&B until 2023.

On a side note, do you live in the U.S.? Are you a collector? If the answers are yes and no respectively, why not just trade in the game to GameStop once you complete it?

I usually get half my money back in trade in credit which is great because there’s no sales tax on purchases which already saves me about $6/$7 on each $60/$70 purchase. In some cases, I make out like a bandit. Far Cry 6 for example included a $10 game coin/certificate or whatever that stupid thing is called for pre-ordering and when I traded it in, received $39 in credit so basically a $60 game was only $11 and I played it day one. Guardians of the Galaxy was $17 after trading it in for $43.

Seriously, anyone who lives in the U.S. and has access to a GameStop, you can easily get every game day one for half price after trading it in. The only way this doesn’t work is if you takes months to complete the game as the trade in value will normally decrease even though some games stay at a high price, especially Nintendo games.

2 Likes

I might be wrong but from what I’ve been seeing over the last 2 years for the most part is that people in America just don’t seem to really care about games being $70 USD. It doesn’t seem to be a deal breaker the way I thought it would be at the beginning of the generation.

Ironically, it would probably make gamepass even more appealing to the Xbox consumers if Xbox made their AAA games $70 USD. (Thank god they haven’t done that)

3 Likes

Or because “Game Pass is unsustainable and Microsoft has to increase the price” :sweat_smile: Like “Microsoft increasing prices for the games means that Game Pass does not change the market” or something along those lines.

Nope, it’s native.

If you want the source: Bright Memory: Infinite Comes to PlayStation®5, Nintendo Switch & Xbox Series X|S On 21 July 2022! | News | PLAYISM Official Website

1 Like

PC Game Pass colab

Just got in review code for this one on Xbox, look for it closer to launch!

4 Likes

Judging by the views and the number of dislikes on each video, Skull and Bones is already dead.

I’m pretty sure that the press will also receive this game mediocrely.

All the main buzz in the infospace will be about the God of War, so I don’t know what can save this game.

It seems to me that Ubisoft themselves do not really believe in it, and if it were not for the support of the Singapore government, it would have canceled the project long ago.

1 Like

If only there was something like a pass for games that can give this game a chance.

8 Likes

Sea of Theievs was also dead on first look

We all know how that turned out

5 Likes

nah let it sink and die .

The issue with Skull and Bones is that the sailing does not look very good, the ship to ship combat looks WORSE than SoT, and the boarding looks to be automated???

True, but I highly doubt ubisoft have the same commitment as Rare or Microsoft with Skulls and Bones.

1 Like

God of War is a very different game and will only be on one platform, I don’t think they’re gonna be competing for the same market space. And I’m not sure I’d listen to the internet when it comes to Ubisoft - by their metrics Valhalla would be just as dead as you think Skull and Bones’ll be and yet it’s the best selling Assassin’s Creed game of all time and has remained pretty actively played through Ubisofts support of it. It launched against multiple major Sony titles as well and did just fine. I’m certainly not saying this game’ll necessarily be amazing or take off, but I do think it’s simply way too soon to judge.

7 Likes

Boarding is automated, there is no boarding combat like in AC4 Black Flag. Just think about it this way: in Sea of Thieves you play as a pirate 100% of the time, in Skull & Bones you play as a pirate ship 95% of the time (on foot is only in the trading outpost).

3 Likes