XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

7 Likes

Hahahaha. There you go. You’re learning. I don’t care what benefits other gamers just like im sure they don’t care what benefits me. lol

While I have more than 5 second half games, none are console exclusive for Xbox Series. I’m simply disappointed because of that.

I do enjoy games. Wouldn’t spend so much time and money if I didn’t.

Yeah, thankfully it’s a current generation only game. Switch version is cloud based as far as I know.

None of this sounds good. Shame but thanks for the heads up. You just saved me $15. Guess I will just wait for Darktide in September and Space Marine 2 next year.

Third party publishers simply don’t need Microsoft’s money upfront unless they feel like their game is going to completely bomb and even then, would Microsoft pay a top tier publisher what they’re asking?

As for Cyberpunk 2077, CDPR doesn’t need Game Pass. Game is over 15m copies or something like that despite having one of the worst launches in gaming history. With the PS5/XSXS upgrades a few months ago, they had a boost in sales. They’ll get another boost in 2023 when they release their first expansion. I wouldn’t expect this to go on Game Pass until a year after the expansion releases at the earliest.

I agree with everything you said. The only thing I would add is that Microsoft should have had 2 Bethesda exclusives already in Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo but they decided to honor those contracts with Sony. I know Microsoft doesn’t own ABK yet but seeing Diablo IV be on PS4/PS5 pisses me off because it’s the only game as of now that im interested in from ABK and instead of getting an amazing exclusive for Xbox, it’s just another multi-platform game.

For the record, I believe exclusives from Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony should be the cream of the crop, the best on their respective platforms. Granted, you may get an Elden Ring or RDR 2 a few times within a generation but no other publisher matches Sony or Nintendo when it comes to delivering the best exclusives for their platform.

That’s what I envision Microsoft to be once this generation ends. When this generation is done and someone asks what’s the best 10 games you can play on Xbox Series X/S, 7 or 8 of them are from Microsoft.

Not true. Sony has 6 - London Studio, PixelOpus, Polyphony Digital, San Diego Studio, Santa Monica Studio and Team Asobi. They also have XDev and San Mateo Studio. Microsoft has 5 - 343 Industries, The Coalition, The Initiative, Turn 10 Studios and World’s Edge. They also have Global Publishing which as far as I know is the equivalent of Sony’s XDev.

Just for the record, I prefer Microsoft and Sony to buy already established development studios like Obsidan, InXile, Playground, etc. or Insomniac, Housemarque, Bluepoint, etc. because this way, you don’t have to spend years building up a studio and hiring for it. They’re already set.

And yes, I want Microsoft and Sony to buy more studios and/or publishers.

What are the chances we get an actual release date for Redfall, Diablo IV or Flintlock? Or is The Game Awards more likely at this point in time?

In fairness, Microsoft should have announced the “12 month roadmap” a few days beforehand. Going into the showcase, I was fully expecting to see Contraband, Avowed and maybe Compulsion’s game get revealed. Once Sarah Bond said “next 12 months”, I was like, fuck because I knew I wasn’t see those games.

I still say that if Microsoft wants to stick to their 12 month format, I would have 3-5 reveals kick off the showcase that are games further out than 12 months and then say “from this point forward, the following games are scheduled to release in the next 12 months”. This would be ideal. You see a few further out games and still get a roadmap for the next 12 months. Win win in my opinion.

Great game!!! My #1 Switch game. Hope you enjoy it Staffy.

LMFAO!!! I forgot all about Skull & Bones had a gameplay reveal today. Was at work. Will watch that in a little bit. But to answer your question, HELL NO.

God of War Ragnarok takes priority over all other games for me. And it’s a disc based purchase which takes priority over digital based purchases.

Just watched the Nacon showcase. They’re becoming this generation’s Focus and Embracer for me. Steel Rising is day one. RoboCop looks really good and Peter Weller as RoboCop is a hell yeah moment!!! Gangs of Sherwood also has my interest as does Hell Is Us but I need to see gameplay and the Terminator survival game that they announced.

2 Likes

So, Ubisoft officially transcend to $70 price tag. You know, Xbox is in a win-win situation. If Starfield or Forza remains $60, all praise goes to them. If ascend to $70, all praise goes to their beloved system, Game Pass. Checkmate.

2 Likes

Nah, nobody praises Xbox or Microsoft for doing anything pro-consumer. Ever. And nobody is even talking about 70$ price for games. It was just accepted as is.

But of course everybody will mention lawsuits from 90s when bringing Microsoft acquisition.

5 Likes

I think it will remain at $60 because I don’t think PC gamers will be that receptive to the $70 price tag.

There is literally nothing Ubi could make that could get me to drop $70.

Can’t wait for ubi+ to hit Xbox for this reason

Phil really loves Bungie

1 Like
7 Likes

Xbox games are not only still $60 & day one on Game Pass, you also get 3-4 different versions with a single purchase.

I genuinely enjoy Ubi too, like comfort food for gaming. I love Far Cry, AC has been good lately except for Valhalla imo. Immortals was great too, but I’m not spending $70 on comfort food. I think The Callisto Protocol is currently the only $70 game I’m contemplating a full price purchase for. But I’m an avid horror game fan, and we’re constantly starved for actually good games.

1 Like

So far on top of my head, only Xbox, Capcom, Sega, and Bandai hasn’t jumped ship to $70ville.

4 Likes

Forspoken says hi. That’s on Square though.

Oh, huh, never saw that. Imagine thinking that game is worthy of a $70 dollar price tag.

Ain’t no food is getting more than $30 from me personally :joy:

Looks good. Though i hope that the devs realize the original film was meant to be a satire and not miss the point and play it 100% straight. Also was that Peter Weller’s voice i heard as RC?

Yeah, found out about the price, which is $80 here, and noped the f out.

My wife would agree with you
 I’m over here playing RE2 and it’s really hard to be in the spooky mood when she’s playing House Flipper to the goofy, upbeat score lol.

4 Likes

Yeah I do like em too, I love me a collectathon and I actually enjoy the whole unlocking towers and revealing the map more and such. Like you said not for $110-$125 AUD wise

2 Likes

You know it will cause a big stir if they do it now or in the future too just watch it, there’ll be articles saying shit like ‘are Xbox games actually worth $70’ or ‘here is why we think this move is a mistake and sets a dangerous present.

2 Likes