XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

While i agree, this is Gamescom, we had absolutely nothing last 2 years there, so getting some Forza Motorsports or Redfall gameplay would be nice (and who knows if Starfield could appear too)

2 Likes

Not really.

Well, by August it will be 2-3 months ahead of the previous 12 :joy: Hope we will see new gameplay trailers or demos.

So when people will open anti-consumer investigations into Sony?

2 Likes

Sony gonna Sony.

1 Like

But hey GoW got huge metrics https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1544858129468473347?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1544858129468473347|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

All is forgiven

1 Like

“12 months” is just “marketing” to hide the inconsistencies.

It is not marketing. It is literally something they put in place to showcase what’s coming soon, instead of placing unrealistic expectations and incessant “concerns” over games further out. People were always complaining about Xbox not really showing what’s gonna be soon and having too many CGI, too far games. Now, they do the contrary and you are still not happy ? I just can’t anymore.

8 Likes

For me it’s still weird that Microsoft wants to have an event in July, August and, presumptive, in September for TGS.

From January till June we have nothing.

2 Likes

And TGA presence. Yep, it is all heavily second half focused presence.

Gotta have a some show early 2023. It’s finally the time this needs to happen. There’s really no much argument against one this time because there’s so much content to cover.

Wonder if we could get a first look at Wo Long, but that’s probably more a TGS thing.

High on Life though…

Blizzcon maybe? There is also TGA. And QuakeCon

Anecdotally even XO is usually in autumn

Blizzcon is Blizzard’s thing. Not even Activision got near it. And it’s late in the year.

I happened to mention that, It’s late in the year. Did you miss that I’m specifically talking about the need for shows early in the year?

As always, people don’t want to see a CGI or a title for a game coming in 4-6 years, specially if by that time, the developers aren’t 100% sure about how the game is going to be.

Now, some real in engine or even gameplay like Hellblade 2 for a game that’s 2-3 years away? still saw no one complaining about that showing.

MS always appear on every game event but they didn’t really show anything on last Gamescom’s or TGS, it’s all about E3 and then a bit for TGA in december. Wouldn’t say they are second half focused, but more like they have a fairly big showing each 6 months.

Heads up.

Mario vs Rabbids is now part of a free play days on Switch. Free to download and play until July 10. It’s also only ten bucks now.

Downloading it now, see if it’s my kind of thing. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I have seen plenty always asking when Hellblade 2 will come out, why it is taking so long, and so on. People wanted gameplay and games coming soon, that’s what they are doing, but it seems nothing will be easy with Xbox.

I saw that too, but over a year ago, and because it was the first announced Xbox Series after Halo, and they didn’t show anything for 2 years after the CGI, but after their last TGA? all i saw is people saying it’s the best looking game right now, and i see less concerns about it than i see about any other that’s not shown like Avowed, Perfect Dark, State of Decay etc

Still, if it can avoid people constanly asking when a game will come out ( or else it must means the development is troubled according to them ), I’m all for this format, especially with gaming communities getting more and more toxic. Xbox wanted to show what is coming soon on the platform, something tangible and realistic, there should be nothing wrong with that. It doesn’t mean further games won’t get announced at something like the TGA.

2 Likes

lol

8 Likes

The Crew 2 is part of free play days on Xbox and I read that the game received enhancements for Series.

1 Like

I keep thinking of giving that game a try and every time I do think about it I just end up wanting to play Forza Horizon instead. I can’t imagine The Crew 2 doing anything better than Forza and I’ve got a mountain of stuff still to do in these games.

Yeah, but Crew has stuff like Boats and planes too. Even bikes I think?