XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

It will be a great return if Xbox owns them by then. It will be like a nice remake.

1 Like

You damn know well they’re gonna come out and say it was because of X reason why FH5 didn’t get in, GoW will be considered the big game of the year so of course it’s going to be there people would question why it wasn’t more so than FH5. Watch it score below FH5 by like 1 point and everyone losing their shit over it.

3 Likes

IMO the only way it doesn’t get in is if Sony doesn’t want it in, preferring it to avoid Elden Ring and try win in 23, which would be more likely regardless of what other games drop.

Back in 2018, majority thought that RDR 2 was going to win. How did that turn out? LOL. But we’ll see what happens.

GOWR had a gameplay trailer a year ago and will have another in September when Sony has their PlayStation Showcase. GOW 2018 was my GOTY and my 2nd best game of last generation. Why would I expect anything less?

It definitely feels disappointing. Exclusive wise, Microsoft is sorely lacking behind for me. Going into 2023, Sony would have given me 5 exclusives while Microsoft is still stuck at 1. Doesn’t include third party exclusives like FF7R and Kena. If I add them, it’s 7 to 1.

$2T company, way more studios, teams, money, resources, personnel and the best fucking console ever released yet they’re doing way less with more while Sony (and I guess Nintendo) is doing way more with less. It’s simply ridiculous but majority of Xbox fans don’t care because they only care about Game Pass which definitely doesn’t apply to me.

I’m not expecting any major AAA title on Game Pass day one as most if not all publishers will say no and even if they say yes, would Microsoft pay what they’re asking for? Probably not.

But yet, friendly Microsoft wants to honor contracts, give PlayStation fans everything while Xbox fans don’t get shit in return. UGH. SMH. The only true positive I have is that Microsoft should (key word, should) have a great 2023 and more importantly, a great second half of the generation for me.

2 Likes

The difference is about 2018 going against RDR2 is that GoW was new as in new take on the genre, let alone the franchise. Elden Ring is a new take alas Open World and not the Ubisoft kind, the kind that Bethesda fans can relate in a way or in recent time, BotW. In other words, the holy grail of gaming. GoWR is a sequel to already established formula. If it’s not a huge jump like how Uncharted went into 2, then the reviewers won’t be as easy.

2 Likes

Similar to FH4 and FH5. It’s pretty much universally agreed that FH5 is the better game but they have the same MC score because there was virtually no innovation.

Same thing happened to Horizon Forbidden West.

Wow, today’s review was number 100 for me.

My first review was in July of 2019 but I didn’t really take it serious and try to do it myself until half a year later. Pretty crazy to be at this number of reviews now, and the site is closing in on 300 total. Figures 100 would be a game I truly did not like (but hey others are reviewing it well so maybe I’m the outlier!)

28 Likes

Horizon FW was supposed to be Uncharted 2 of the series in a sense that they improved “everything” as well as change the environmental detail. Basically, it was seen as a big upgrade. Not sure what happened aside from “stolen thunder by Elden Ring.” As for Horizon 5, it did have many buzz, especially with those “no tricks” graphical showcase and what not.

Bottom line, the game needs a showcase to show more than a simple upgrade. Realistically, the only buzz is the name itself and that’s fine. But due to low showcase of the game, we only got that “It doesn’t seem that much of an upgrade,” like in DF podcast reaction. I’m just waiting for more gameplay to make me say otherwise.

2 Likes

Has anyone here played Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Martyr? If so, how is the game? The complete edition is $14 and it looks pretty good. There’s also a current generation version releasing later this year.

I was sure I had this on my steam wishlist. I looked on the Xbox store to see what the Australian price was, only to see I own the complete edition. I have never installed it, but might do that and give it a go over the next day or so.

1 Like

It was hoped it would be the Uncharted 2 of the series but a lot of the changes were generally relatively small and honestly I’d argue a lot just made things more complicated and not necessarily better.

1 Like

Elden Ring is going to win. There is almost zero chance of God War Ragnarok topping Elden Ring as the biggest game of 2022.

1 Like

I feel pretty similar. Xbox had so much going well for it and they still do but all they care about is gamepass. I see it here too. People say who cares if it’s exclusive since it’s on gamepass. Don’t forget why ps4 won last gen. It was the exclusive games. Either way the future looks super bright for Xbox. I honestly feel like it has something for everyone just not right now. Iv been playing more on ps because I like the trophy support and exclusives. The achievment system I’m starting to agree with Jez they just don’t care about so I go where someone does. Also people forget ps4 had a rocky first 2 years as well and Xbox is having its rocky 2 years but I do believe when all these co tracts are done and everything is Xbox only it will be glorious.l for Xbox fans. They just sucked at planing the first couple years I guess. If it were me I would have bought out the deathloop and ghost wire contracts and I would have delayed gears 5 to make it a launch game. I also would money hat more things. Don’t feel down as Xbox has a bright bright future

3 Likes

Dont forget COVID!

5 Likes

4 Likes

Whenever I read comments like this I just wonder why people completely disregard the timing of the acquisitions. You can’t throw out stuff like way more studio and teams and complete disregard when those teams were acquired and what they were working on in the progress.

12 Likes

True

Also another thing to is Phil’s commitment to non crunch or at least have less of it. This will obviously create longer development times. But at least developers won’t burn out. Solution to this is more studios which I think is comming. I know activision popped up for them out of the blue but u have to wonder who they will be going after next. I’d honestly be happy with absobo and remedy (long shot) or the world breaker would be from software

:skull:

2 Likes

It’s not ridiculous because it’s just the reality of game development and, again and again, the timing of things and a little thing called COVID.

it’s quite dishonest to say majority of Xbox fans don’t care when fan demands are what started their investments into first party and acquisitions are literally one of the most if not the most recurring topics with Xbox fans.

10 Likes