XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Finally SH “fans” can stop whining.

1 Like

Just wait for the announcements :joy:

2 Likes

There’s been pretty consistent rumours of there being 3 games in development (a new main title, an episodic game and a remake of SH2), If that’s true I can’t see them ALL being exclusive.

Watch them all be exclusive just to mess with me.

I do think there will be people who were “boycotting” and will end up buying the game when/if glowing reviews come through. You are right that many people in the “boycott” were not interested in the game at all, such as those saying “Oh no, I guess I’ll HAVE TO EMULATE NOW ;)”, or people in the Xbox crowd who still think Platinum siphoned Scalebound funding for other projects and using this as a stepping stone to say “Platinum bad”…

I also agree with how bad the situation is all around. Kamiya’s response was very bad, Taylor throwing the new Bayo voice and Jeanne’s actress under the bus was uncalled for, all the fanboys latching onto the situation because they want Platinum to fail for reasons unrelated to Taylor…

In the end I think this game will still get the “Switch effect” and be the best selling Bayo though.

Or none of them are exclusive :joy:

5 Likes

The last time a game everyone thought was gonna be PS exclusive (Street Fighter 6) had it’s own event to announce the game, rather than at a Sony event… It wasn’t exclusive. That’s my take on it.

2 Likes

Well, FF event had Sony’s exclusive though.

True. Though you could say that expecting FFVIIR2 on Xbox was only a pipe dream.

Personally I think these Silent Hill games are gonna fail to deliver on people’s expectations… The team behind the “masterpieces” everyone remembers is gone.

3 Likes

Apparently it’s one of its strong points. Characters and their interaction with each other too. But several gameplay stuff didn’t sound and seem too great though.

Expecting silent hill to be on Xbox is a pipe dream, let’s be honest these will be time or fully exclusive.

These contracts were probably signed at the tail end of last gen. Where it would have been super easy to justify temp exclusivity. That’s why I expect persona 6 to be timed which could be bad for it since Japan is 90% switch.

Persona 6 would not come to Switch anyway. Though the probability of it would not be zero with P3, P4, P5 Switch ports.

I am curious when Atlus decided to port Persona games to other platforms.

2 Likes

Damn. I hope he wasn’t receiving abuse, but the dude was a raging console warrior and as a Rocksteady developer, like it or not he represents his employer. I feel bad for him but literally all he had to do was NOT be a crazy fanboy and he just couldn’t help himself. Play stupid games win stupid prizes as they say.

About “Atlus” porting these games

Sega was in charge of the development of the remasters (not just matching the resolution to the console). It was a very meaningful project. Multi-platform development isn’t easy. This was my fist porting project, and I didn’t realize how hard it would be.”

In the past, Atlus has used external help when it has come to ports of their titles. Catherine Classic was a PC port that Sega Europe mainly handled, Catherine: Full Body for Nintendo Switch was Technical Arts, , Soul Hackers 2 (Xbox and PC versions) was Artdink Corporation. The exception to this was the Steam port of Persona 4 Golden which was lead internally, however there was still help from Preapp Partners.

I also don’t think there is a Sony deal on Persona 6. There was no Sony deals on P5 either, it was an unpaid exclusive and Atlus didn’t have the care or manpower to port it. Sega in recent years started saying multiplat is important and that’s why it’s getting ported now.

It also seems like if Atlus cannot handle multiplatform development then Sega will jump in and make it happen. Whether it be Sega doing it, or giving it off to partners like Artdink, it seems like they aren’t interested in exclusive Atlus games anymore.

8 Likes

Finally. I can be at peace after these announcements. Tired of parrots…

All the best to every person impacted by this and wishing everyone land on their feet as soon as possible.

7 Likes

That blows :sweat:. I actually liked what little I saw of nuG4.

I bet those guys are celebrating. Though to be honest, whether it is due to “controversial” act in the early run or not, it wasn’t going to be easy with internet practically rule over gaming info and entertainment. Maybe it would have worked, but it would need a much bigger backing.

Personally, I don’t even have cable. I think the audience for this kind of content is on YouTube and Twitch, not cable TV. I guess it’s cool that they tried though.

4 Likes

or maybe make shows and put them on netflix. I dont know anyone who watches cable anymore

1 Like

That concept was doomed from the jump.

Kinda Funny Games is probably the most popular iteration of that concept and their videos can’t even cross 100K ?

Feel really bad for the workers though, they didn’t even get a heads up and found out like the rest of us by that tweet.

3 Likes