XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

I think the writing has been on the wall for this shutdown for a long time. Apparently they had 200 employees, which creates a lot of overhead. I’m not sure what sources of revenue they had besides YouTube, but based on their YouTube views they couldn’t even support 20 employees, much less 200.

The media landscape is just so different today than in G4’s prime. Almost everything on YouTube /Twitch is personality driven and micro-community based. I’m not sure anyone could create the critical mass of regular viewers necessary to support 200 employees anymore.

That doesn’t change the fact that the shutdown is sad for all those who lost their jobs, of course. Hopefully they all land on their feet.

Kamiya’s Twitter came back. Again, I don’t dislike him, but I do think he shouldn’t be on social media. Especially not right now, I expect a lot more vitriol will be heading his way. And we all know, he isn’t equipped to handle it.

Like I said, I think they need a better backing, or backing period.

Of course it will be

The question is if it will come to PC day 1.

Sony are butthurt about Bethesda and now activision. Theyll go all out on these deals. And noone will say anything because its sony.

1 Like

IDK xbox is probably mad about the ABK crap sony is pulling. Dont be surpised to see xbox pay to keep stuff multiplat but also on gamepass.

I dont think sega go through porting all these persona games to have it be timed

Absolute scandel is thats the case

Its like throwing the persona frnachise under the bus. Seriously fucked up that is.

1 Like

Xbox arent mad. They have too much money to be mad. Sony are the desperate ones.

5 Likes

A modern Silent Hill isn’t gonna be good for me to worry about it being exclusive anyway

Lol no problem! I put in 147 hrs on the PlayStation version. I can’t wait to put another 140 hours into it!!

1 Like

I just beat Skorn and I dont know how era gave this game such a low score. Its a 7/10 for me. very unique game that isnt for everyone

I wrote nearly a thousand words explaining why I felt that way, that should explain it to you. I wish scores weren’t a thing, it’s all people pay attention to.

3 Likes

ya we just have to disagree but I see your point. I totally see why this game is devisive. I hope there is a part 2

Reviews for me are an attempt at giving as much objective fact as possible to help people understand what a game is like to play, but also subjectively my experience of playing it. It should be an informative tool but I know sometimes I’ll be in the majority and sometimes in the minority.

It’s a-ok if people like things I don’t or don’t like things I do. In the end the most reviewed titles are still the subjective opinions of no more than 200 people out of the 10’s of millions that may play them.

6 Likes

Your not alone. I loved days gone and vampyre but a lot of people didn’t. at the same time im not a big fan of certain games that score really high like death stranding. Anyway back to one of my favorite games this year in Grounded

To each their own. This is one game you really have to play to decide it for yourself. Yes, same can be said for every game, but when you see reviews polarizing, you might as well just try instead of them deciding for you.

Hes a fucking fraud now. Hugely disrespectful one too

Days gone would have easily gotten higher scores at launch if it wasnt full of shitty performance and other bugs. That game launched rough for a 1st party sony game.

1 Like

No real loss there.

Sorry, but that ridiculous outburst by that blonde woman was not good, not good at all. And the folks next to her like clapping seals, nah.

I think a lot of people just tuned off after that. And I was like…not like this chief. I certainly won’t miss it.

Of course Xbox and Microsoft are angry. Sony is basically messing with their 70b deal. Imagine you are buying a house and somebody tries to call the police when you want to check, the house or protest outside your door and so on.

Except if you don’t buy a house you also have to pay a fine too. And the longer it takes to buy a house, the longer you have to live in the hotel.

Which outburst? The one where she called out the sexist comments she receives, such as “not being as bangable” like other female presenters?

If so, she was well within her rights to call that out.

1 Like