XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

I have not followed any news today at all yet. But I’m gonna look it up.

As for Matty, dude used to have good videos but lately it’s more miss that hit, with some exceptions. It’s always cool to see his enthusiasm about BGS.

1 Like

Man I hope they fix aiming on console for Overwatch 2

Pretty sure the guy doesnt know how all of this works. Heck even I with a little bit of research can conclude that…nothing of that has anything to do with xbox, phil spencer or satya nadella (or whoever on MS you want to "blame)

But sometimes you just need clicks I guess.

2 Likes
14 Likes

Nice to see Microsoft and their studios stepping up because I thought they would’ve been silent, but happy to be wrong

3 Likes

Glad to see not only the studios but the corporation itself coming out with a statement. Now I just need companies like Microsoft and Sony to stop donating tons of money to GOP senators (and terrible democratic ones) but I know that will never happen because they have to pay the gam… play the game of Washington DC

6 Likes

Can you believe theres people out there turning this into console wars?!

…how?

Dont want to post "examples"here for our sanity’s sake.

Lets just say its really dissapointing and sad too see gamers from different comunities using this as console wars fuel :c

1 Like

I just can’t see how… I’ll dive in to check it out. Surely there’s not people outing themselves as talibans?

Oh wow… I was wrong. Never underestimate the stupidity of Cultists i guess.

6 Likes

This was reported yesterday or the day before. Basically, Kotick gets to keep his position for another year as over 530m shareholders approved him to stay while just under 63m voted for him to leave. No surprise that shareholders voted for Kotick to stay as he makes them all a shit ton of cash and let’s be honest, that’s all the 530m shareholders care about.

Matty says that once the deal goes through that everyone will report to Spencer but for now, it’s simply business as usual so Kotick remains for the time being. Matty then says that he wants to discuss what happens after the acquisition goes through where it’s been reported that Kotick would get a $15m golden parachute on his way out the door. Matty says that while he would like to see Kotick have charges pressed against him, all he hopes for is that he’s gone once the acquisition goes through which I believe most can see that coming but Kotick isn’t leaving on his own because for him, that would be a dumb ass decision. Matty calls bullshit in regards to Activision’s internal investigation finding nothing which is a given because nearly every company that investigates themselves never find anything because why would they? They would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Matty then says that he believes that once the acquisition goes through that Microsoft will clean house and implement a far better management and leadership structure which I do believe. I can’t see Microsoft keeping ABK as is. He says that while Microsoft has remained hands off with Bethesda and all the studios, he expects them to be hands on for ABK as their situation is definitely one that needs to be handled and taken care of.

Matty then talks about the shitty decision of Tony Hawk 3 & 4 remasters being canned despite the success of the Tony Hawk 1 & 2 remasters. There’s more to it but I have written enough. Matty does hope that once Microsoft cleans up ABK that they then focus on these studios doing their own thing as he doesn’t want them all working on COD which I agree with 100%. All of them working on COD is just ridiculous.

On a related side note, why do you keep posting Matty’s videos but yet don’t watch them? I don’t get that. If you don’t like him anymore or whatever, why bother posting his videos? Watch him, don’t watch him. It’s up to you. I just don’t see the point of posting videos of someone who don’t really watch anymore.

He ends the video with A Plague Tale Requiem being day one on Game Pass releasing on October 18th. He highly praises Innocence which I agree with completely. Great freaking game. He also says that Requiem looks great which it does and improves on everything from the first game based on the 12 minute gameplay trailer that was shown yesterday.

3 Likes

I can’t believe people use it for console warring. I guess they will use anything nowadays

I don’t know whether it’s bug or something but Spotify on Xbox hasn’t been playing ads for me for the last month or so now despite that I’m not subbed to premium. Definitely not complaining though.

1 Like

They literally said the same thing as before. I think they released that statement when the rumors about the repealing RvW began - when Jim sent his email, I believe.

Considering that this stuff is political in USA, companies cannot openly support one side or another as it creates problem with the government for this corporations. Ultimately - and that’s funnily enough a traditional USA approach - corporations will have their own internal governing body. Would be fascinating if they start building housing for their employees when necessary - I think Google does that already.

For some reason this third person action adventure, shooter, puzzle game was not listed in the SGF demos. Here it is

5 Likes

That looks worth a try, I never really looked at the demos this year but there must be other good stuff in there.

1 Like

I wonder how many games are just forgotten due to that - like due to not being mentioned in the lists and blogposts. Happens with Game Pass from time to time.

1 Like