XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Amazon and Microsoft have both billion dollar investments in housing in the Seattle area.

Iā€™ve tried all the demos and I didnā€™t like most of them, just not all that special. I did like BROK the InvestiGator, i can recommend that if you dig point and click adventure games blended with some interrogation stuff and beat em up games.

Enjoyed more games in the TGA demos last year and also SGF back then compared to this year.

1 Like

Yeah there was a lot more I thought looked interesting last year. Iā€™ll give Brok a try too!

1 Like

Gotcha, I just know corporations usually shy away from stuff like this, but refreshing to see actual Xbox account post it

Been thinking about the Elite V3 controller and what they could add, I think the obvious answer would be haptics and adaptive triggers but I also think it would be cool and smart for MS to add a removeable rechargeable battery. It would be an addition they can put on the box for a selling point compared to the V2, they could sell the batteries for a small profit and they could make a battery charging hub to charge a spare while you play.

With all that said thereā€™s no point of a removeable battery if the controller doesnā€™t last more than 12 months :sweat_smile: so hopefully they fix these durability issues too.

Question for fans of Supermassive Games. I recently played Until Dawn and really enjoyed it. I know the Quarry has just released to very good reviews. I will definitely pick that up when the price drops a bit. But I donā€™t hear great things about the Dark Pictures Anthology.

Has anyone played those? How do they stack up to Until Dawn or The Quarry? I know they have similar story structures and mechanics. Are they as well done and fun as the other two games?

I only played and finished Man of Medan and I did not like the characters at all, so when some died it was nothing to me, haha. I have not played The Quarry but I heard from some reviews that itā€™s even more like a movie than the other games though. Is it really that light on actual control, gameplay?

1 Like

Not a ā€œfanā€ per se but Dark Pictures was no good, awful writing all around. Until Dawn and Quarry (not played yet) appear to be the good ones.

1 Like

Until Dawn > The Quarry >> Dark Pictures Anthology .

3 Likes

I hope those new FromSoft games will come to Xbox too. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if one of them is the rumored PS5 exclusive, but something like a new Armored Core or a new IP, whatever it is that they got in development now. But apparently one game is in the last stages of development, wonder what it could be.

Probably Armored Core, its been in dev for quite a while now and im pretty sure there were images leaked a while back

Hopefully itā€™s a great game, because I donā€™t believe all of the AC games are all that great. From really started getting universal praise when Dark Souls came out.

Anyone else having issues getting achievements to register in the Rewards app today? Iā€™ve popped four achievements, but none of them have ā€œcountedā€ for my daily or weekly set.

I have quit and restarted the app, quit and restarted the game, and restarted the console. Nothing seems to have helped.

Some bits of info on how big this game for China is, small Tencent involvement and if the tidbits he gives here are legit it definitely doesnā€™t sound like a 2023 game, big shocker, I know. But we shall see.

1 Like

Corporations shy away to openly oppose the government - like Satya cannot openly say ā€œRoe v Wade repeal is wrongā€, because GOP lawmakers will immediately find a way to go after Microsoft (just look at Disney). Like they can push for ABK deal cancellation or might try to go after older Microsoft lawsuits and so on.

We will see, but I have been always curious how those areas are connected.

I dont know, something tells me this game isnt real and if it is. It will something completely different from what we have seen so far.

Didnt know about the tencent stuff though.

1 Like

I had that happen yesterday, but going into it after an hour had it register from the first and only achievement yesterday.

1 Like

I mean its an action game so makes sense. Final may cry 6. Having multple characters with movesets too much for SE.

Iā€™m beginning to think ā€œgame is deadā€ phrase needs a remake or at least people need to say it correctly.

3 Likes

It is also on mobile?