XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

It would be nice to get a new Faral Frame on Xbox. But yeah, who knows. Nintendo likely has their direct this month?

Apparently, the Direct will be announced in 1 hour :no_mouth:.

I think Fatal Frame 4 will be multiplat, would be nice for it to release in October too for my October horror game binges. Nintendo could be jerks though and say “Oh, FF5 remaster sold well? Well we’re locking FF4 remaster to Switch” as they have full control over the game. We’ll see though.

Wish Xbox added FF1 and 2 to Backcompat as the OG Xbox releases of 1 and 2 are the best versions. Would have made Xbox the only modern platform to play the series (minus 3).

1 Like

Holy shit , I expected the game to sell, but not to that degree .

Well, I guess now we know why Nintendo isn’t interested in the Call of duty discussion .

They always tell us that Sony is a natural talent and has developers who can make anything , And if they really have it , I think they should stop crying and start developing a game or acquire studios that will fills the void if call of duty goes out one day in the future

6 Likes

Ubisoft Wants To Make More Focused Games, Rather Than Have ‘One Game Do Everything’

11 Likes

More ammo for Microsoft I guess.

1 Like

That’s the most interesting part. Nintendo has system selling franchises that are cheap to make to a point that they don’t need third parties anymore.

Sony has always relied heavily on the third party as Capcom, Square Enix, Konami or even Sega have been making PS exclusive games for years. If big tech really joins the market, Sony will be in dire straits because they don’t have resources for acquisitions and for big tech giants, marketing deals are not that lucrative because they have their own platforms to promote. And they will have difficulties in tightening the leash on japanese publishers because aside big tech money, Nintendo has a much stronger position there and Sony’s only saving grace there is Switch being weak.

Right now their only friend there willing to make exclusives is Square Enix, but looking at where SE throws money at - SE is a brain dead company at this point.

Sony will pivot to PC Day 1 releases really soon and potentially to Day 1 PS+ releases as soon as Microsoft releases several big AAA games there next year that will cause it grow (not to mention F&F).

I always keep saying this , Sony has great technical creativity in the smallest details in the aspect of graphics and visual effects ,But this type of game has a downside, which is the long development time and huge budget that increasing in every game and seemed to turn into a bubble that might explode one day , And Sony knows this, as we see a lot of investments from them in service games

Nintendo On the other Side , The cost of their games is inexpensive compared to Sony, yet their games sell more than Sony .

You don’t need a huge budget game to sell and attract consumers . You just need a creative Ideas and fun games,And This is what Microsoft is doing by investing and providing diverse content for game pass

Who would have thought that small Indie game like power wash simulator has become the talk of players and media where everyone became curious to try the game

9 Likes

Employee: Sir, we should refocus on Japan now!

Jim: Not now, I need to make sure CoD stays with us for more than 3 years!

3 Likes

There is nothing they can do in Japan anymore. Unless they bring back PSP or something. Japan is firmly handheld / PC land at this point. Nintendo has brought a full generation of the kids that play handhelds + all those kids that have been playing mobile games for years.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1569325388349800452

The leak was right:

5 Likes

Nice. It will be a good week. This + TGS.

https://www.focus-entmt.com/en/news/acquisition-du-studio-neerlandais-ww1-game-series-bv-developpeur-des-jeux-fps-multi-joueurs-verdun-tannenberg-et-isonzo

Focus home is growing

Well, Sony…

We’re waiting.

The funny thing about this is Sony’s recently said they aren’t interested in games that target the Japanese audience / “are only popular in Japan”

Last week, Sony reorganized a development office in Japan, resulting in mass departures of people who worked on less well-known but acclaimed games such as Gravity Rush and Everybody’s Golf. The company has informed developers that it no longer wants to produce smaller games that are only successful in Japan, Bloomberg has reported.

IMO, Splatoon is very much a game that is heavily targeting the Japanese audience. The Tokyo aesthetic, the fashion, the cute characters… It just so happens, whaddya know, that those aesthetics are popular worldwide too.

I will echo @TheBrightestSun 's opinion though, PS can’t recover in Japan without another handheld. Unfortunately, apparently SIE America didn’t like the Vita very much, and they are the ones running the show now, so I don’t think we’ll see another PS handheld.

2 Likes

Mostly titles for this winter, so there likely will be a few that come out later. Interesting!

I’m more excited than the “E3” period from this year, lol :grin:

Maybe BOTW2 finally. Release date trailer for March/April or whatever. That’s what my first thought was.

It’s a new JRPG from Marvelous. Was previously announced for Japan only. Confirmed for the West now.

13 Likes
10 Likes

That would be nice!

Maybe finally the Metroid Prime remake or remaster? And likely Faral Frame 4, right?

This looks interesting. First it seems like a visual novel but the trailer shows the character walking around, that’s cool!

Wasn’t there some rumours that they might have re-releases of Wind Waker/Twilight Princess ready to go for potentially this year? We could see that