XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

time stamp?

I was just listening while gardening so no idea haha, hopefully someone else can give the timestamp.

I have listened from when they started talking about Death Stranding on GP (01:34) till the end but didn’t hear anything about Crash.

That’s it I’m uninstalling Overwatch, addiction started kicking back in again and heavily and it started distracting me from other games I intend to play. Game already took so much time from me as is. Pray I can resist :expressionless:

5 Likes

I found the combat to be average, Music to be forgettable, story was really forgettable. Graphics were really good. Especially on an oled. for me average is 6 and thats where it sat. It wasn’t good. It wasnt bad. I enjoyed it. It was as ok as ok can be, like you say though to each his own.

1 Like

I think this is what he may be referring to . https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84/status/1560762453025341443?s=20&t=GE_9BtVKK0OfCEZImDk-nA https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84/status/1560762459325173766?s=20&t=GE_9BtVKK0OfCEZImDk-nA https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84/status/1560762468837769218?s=20&t=GE_9BtVKK0OfCEZImDk-nA

Didnt hear anything about PS exclusivity but I wouldn’t be surprised if SONY got marketing rights. If its F2P as Jez said it is obviously going to be monetized to hell and that doesnt make sense to be exclusive.

3 Likes

I agree. I heard the crash Bandicoot part and there is nothing about exclusivity. I don’t know what @AllianceOfficer is talking about.

For the longest time I was wondering if Bleeding Edge could be the basis for MS’s own multi-IP mashup. I like the idea of MS doing something original than to be compared to highly polished 5-9th iterations of brawl fighters or Kart racers.

So I was thinking Bleeding Edge could be the basis for a 3D Brawl game, and I was going to ask y’all here who have played it what they thought of the idea

Seeing the reaction to Rumbleverse made me realize that people would definitely be open to that style of combat for a fighter. So I finally jumped in and played a little Bleeding Edge for myself, simply going through the tutorials and the Dojo, and watching some recorded online play on YouTube.

Taking the combat from BE, making some modifications to the controls, changing the objectives, and setting it in more intimate and tighter arenas could make it a solid basis for a multi-IP game if you ask me.

• adjust controls so there’s more depth to combat and less emphasis on hero abilities & get rid of the hoverboard mechanic
  • focus on CQB and reserve projectiles for specials
  • make arenas much smaller but retain some platforming, cover, and traps (think Powerstone player to level size ratio, but a tad larger)
  • change objectives to be more like a brawl fighter, but keep it flexible to include powerups, collectibles to charge moves, etc

The thing about using BE as a basis for a 3D Rumble Fighter is that a lot of the core work is done from a competent in-house developer. It would be akin to How Insomniac based their Spider-Man game on Sunset Overdrive. There are some key learnings and feedback for BE that results in a more polished product.

The art style could be completely different, of course. It would no longer be a hero based game. It would have to play just as well 1v1 as it does in 2v2 and 4v4.

I have faith in Ninja Theory doing a good job on something like this. They likely learned some valuable lessons from BE. I’m sure they will represent these IPs well. One of the flaws of BE was a lack of content but by using IPs a lot of the underlying creative work is done. Start off with 12 fighters with their 12 unique backgrounds and make a big deal when you add new characters and backgrounds. Also, split screen support would be a must.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. A 7/10 game that it’s best part is it’s graphics. Gameplay is nothing special and I didn’t like their direction to go for a more soul like difficulty without having any depth in their combat system.

1 Like

October can’t come soon enough. Bless Game Pass.

7 Likes

The “author” of this article must be 10 years old, right?

15 Likes

I mean it’s Pushsquare. It’s a site for Sony fans and fanboys.

I remember this article.

1 Like

Good lord, I’ve was wrong, the “author” must be 5 years old. Lmao!!!

New gameplay!

3 Likes

Watched some endings in Detroit: Become Human and crazy how many possible routes were there. If As Dusk Falls game has comparable level of graphics it would be much more mainstream.

Its push square, they know their audience to a T.

complete with a blog post on Xbox.com, just to rub it in

this is less of a slap in the face than Sony’s prior Game Pass releases

Its just ‘tell us how you really feel - The Fanzine’

2 Likes

I need to make a correction on a post I made a few months backs. The Fighting Stick Alpha does support TMNT as well as non fighting games. Make sure it is in “mode 2” before attempting to change the d-pad settings in the Hori App. This guide explains it.

Anyway awesome controller. Sorry for the bad info. Buy with confidence!:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Haven’t played Detroit, but if it’s a similar style game I am kinda suprised anyone would ever give it the budget needed for that lol