XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

The ramming is really fun to do though. But yeah, driving itself already wasn’t great then and it really isn’t now. And visually the city itself has aged a bit, aliasing here and there. But everything else is just great.

After I’ve finished the story again I’m gonna check the DLC too. And yeah, these kind of games are sorely missed. It seems Saints Row is not going to scratch that itch. GTA 6 will, in 2025 or so.

Crazy stuff!! :exploding_head:

7 Likes

Marina Bay Grand Prix Flythrough - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGIwZOC7hTU

6 Likes

Didnt know Amazon bought this

Its like they weren’t scared of the FTC one bit XD (considering Lina Khan practically hates Amazon and it has been said there’s chances of them suing the MGM acquisition)

This one will 100% sure be challenged just because its Amazon and with this (if it were to happen) the chances of them challenging the ABK acquisition are decreasing significantly each passing day…unless they want to face 3 Big tech at the same time.

I’m not a fan of big tech but I’m also not a fan of such an important entity to base its decisions in ideology instead of accurate data and real reasons.

It might be challenged because iRoomba represents 75% of the market by revenue which is a lot. Also FTC might try to use the same reasoning as with Meta/Within where they said that Meta should have made the devices of their own.

But still at one point there have to be found a balance. A lot of businesses grow in attempt to sell themselves if the price is right. If they won’t be allowed to sell themselves, what’s they are gonna do next? Close their business? And how can they grow if let’s say they cannot afford further growth without acquisition?

1 Like

Im playing Ghost of Tsuima on ps5 now and I assasinated a guard who was standing in front of me and somehow couldn’t see me

1 Like

Nice

Unity selects Azure as its cloud partner; companies will work together to enable creators to reach their audiences on Xbox and PC

10 Likes

I hope this works out for Unity and its community. They need some good news.

I wonder who is Epic’s partner? But Microsoft is seriously pushing their gaming cloud business (they missed whole movie streaming market with Azure)

It is slowly dying out, isn’t it?

Pretty sure they use AWS, also I wouldn’t be shocked if we see Netflix next jumping on board with Azure which would be huge.

Unity made some questionable decisions lately meanwhile devs still wait for long promised features. They are still probably the best option for indie devs on mobile. Anything other though? Biggest eye opener lately was their internal game - cancelled and devs fired :frowning:

Yeah, their internal game cancellation is not a good look because despite being an engine they don’t have their game where they can try various engine features (like Epic with Fortnite).

1 Like

Hey, @Staffy , I started up Sleeping Dogs last night and yeah this seems like a pretty cool game so far. A bit bloated, like most open world games heh, but the story and combat is very nice. Interesting characters and setting, will be a fun ride I think. The FPS Boost makes everything feel great too.

1 Like

Man, I would love more Sleeping Dogs.

I think I need to give Yakuza another shot because those seem like the next closest thing…

I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying it. The story gets very nice as you progress. I have not played much of my second playthrough, so it was 2016 when I played it last but the side stuff is worth checking out too. And yeah the fighting is still the best. I love Yakuza fighting, but this just feels better to me.

Definitely start with 0. It’s an awesome game. We really do need more of these games. Asia is not used enough in sandbox games. If I had the money I’d become a publisher, get all the United Front Games people on board and have them work on a game similar to SD. I’d get some Rockstar people on board too for that bat shit insane attention to detail and it’s go time baby.

It’s nice to have dreams, that will never happen.

1 Like

Good to see more Sleeping Dogs talk in here <3 I’ll be giving SD another shot in a couple weeks. The framerate boost is definitely shining positive light on BC (and One) titles for me after first leaving a meager impression.

4 Likes

Do ya’ll remember games like Stranglehold on 360? Loved that game. I miss these games, third person non stop action with bullet-time and martial arts and crazy stunts. Using the environment to your advantage. Nobody makes these games anymore.

Imagine having a game in the setting of The Raid (maybe some levels taking place elsewhere for variety) and having those crazy fighting moves as combat system. Throw in some car chase bits that we had in the second one and done!

I’d love it.

I do, but I think it’s a decidedly less fun game than a lot of others that were out around the time - many from a prior gen.

I agree though, some “dumb fun” action is awesome from time to time. Wish we had more of it. DMC5, Bayo3, etc. are prime examples of high octane action for me.

2 Likes

Dead to Rights was another one. But I’m not sure I can come with a lot more similar games? Max Payne obviously but set in Asia etc.