XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

They closed, Thanks Square.

Are you saying I should try Sleeping Dogs? I have it in the backlog somewhereā€¦

2 Likes

Oh sorry, I knew that. I meant do we know where the people that worked there went?

I mean never say never when it comes to games, after all we got Shenmue 3 too and TLG, but SD2ā€¦probably never.

Friend, this is a must play 100%!!!

Hardcore Rockstar fan here and I love GTA V, but story wise SD is tons more interesting than GTA V. Itā€™s really goddamn cool. Iā€™ve never liked how hand to hand combat got worse after San Andreas, itā€™s just not fun. Sleeping Dogs is awesome when it comes to this too. The driving sadly isnā€™t great, feels off compared to probably even SR3 too. But everything else is awesome.

Itā€™s a must bro, a must play! :smiley:

2 Likes

Fuck yeah!!! Play it Mort!!!

2 Likes

While driving in the game is ā€¦ not good, everything else (including story) is very good.

1 Like

I liked the driving. That stupid slide mechanic and the hijack mechanic were cool af

Cars had controls as if they were on rails

Havenā€™t tried Sleeping Dogs yet. Not sure I trust yall though. Everyone hyped up Dragonā€™s Dogma and Iā€™m having a hard time getting through that one lol.

1 Like

I didnā€™t like DD either. But Sleeping Dogs was a really cool game. One of the best implementation of fighting in the gaming. Was wery addictive and I liked travelling around to unlock new moves. Story was also very intense.

It was a very close spiritual successor to True Crime Streets of LA

1 Like

Iā€™ll watch for it on sale

1 Like

Sleeping Dogs has a great, vibrant and dense open world unlike DD. Sleeping Dogs is also FPS Boosted.

1 Like

It is currently 4.49 lol. Guess Iā€™m buying.

Playing this on the karaoke was unironically one of the most emotional experiences I had in that generation

https://youtu.be/80hGObsaxKk

Oh, I completely forgot that it had mini games :fire:

Still my favorite one was ring fighting because the fighting mechanic was so so good and pleasant to control.

1 Like

Yep, there was also poker and cockfighting lol

Oh, I remember poker. It was on some ship I think.

Also the parkour in game was also cool.

It had also one of those features that any of the sandbox games to this day donā€™t have.

Press the left stick to cycle through all your objectives, which means it shows the way point on the minimap.

Ideal!

You could definitely say Sleeping Dogs was a sleeper hit too. Pun intended. Where did these guys come from man? Damn.

Fuck itā€™s so sad what SE did.

Haha, ok yaā€™ll sold me on it. Installing nowā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

Jason Rubin on Iron Lords podcast is a great conversation

A lot to learn about the industry

He says that having a small focused team is what he loved about his old days and value it a lot

Edit: Anyone interested in knowing the history of video games should watch this podcast. The guy literally stood against Mario and succeeded.

Decided to replay it again and playing it right now I really miss the games like this when we had all those GTA killers. Really cool combination of GTA + Max Payne (with fighting). But oof that driving model.