XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

We can only hope so, Deus Ex was great !

1 Like

Personally I just want Disney to acquire WB :joy:

They don’t need CP2077 level budget or anywhere near it to make a better game (which they already did twice).

2 Likes

Project L could really also be that next big thing for fighting games since Riot just really know what they’re doing. They need to make that game on console as well

That’s a tall ask and idk if it makes sense for Eidos to do that with Deus Ex. Deus Ex is more of an immersive sim than RPG.

Game Dev is not becoming cheaper and you need marketing.

Marketing doesn’t need to be on CP2077 level to be effective.

Amazing how each platform has at least one competitive game but not PS. Just dawn on me since this weekend is tourney weekend with fighting games and Halo.

2 Likes

Well, Sony does not have exclusive competitive games (FPS at least, they have GT only). And arguably even fighting games without moneyhats. Xbox 360 had fighting games and FPS games and was the best.

I’m disappointed that a company formed in part to create a streaming platform to better combat Netflix and Disney+ seem to be de-prioritising streaming and instead are doing the same thing they tried (and failed) a decade ago, and more than that are going to try and do it the same way they did a decade ago.

I mean, we’ve seen a massive shift of the media landscape as movie studios push because they believe streaming is the future - Disney bought Fox for 71 billion dollars in part because of streaming and have been pushing hard with Disney+, Amazon bought MGM for 8.5 bllion and WB Discovery seemed like another in the line of that. It’s not just a change in business strategy though, it’s bringing a much more diverse range of content in different formats to audiences. Through Disney+ we’ve seen them go back to making smaller films as well as the big guaranteed billion dollar hits, we’ve seen them make premium television and short films and more. In established franchises like Marvel and Star Wars we’re getting to see characters get adapted we’d never see otherwise, we’re getting interesting stories that would never have fit the movie format - hell, we even got an anthology Star Wars anime short film series. That’s insane! It’s not all perfect, but think about telling this sorta stuff to someone a decade ago when we just had a standard slate of films from each. It’s amazing!

So what are WB Discovery doing with DC? They’re gonna go back to trying to copy the MCU. And focusing on releasing major cinematic films with the core heroes like Batman and Superman. Great. We’re doing that again. Maybe it’ll be good? I’ll probably see them? I dunno, I just find it hard to be excited. Disney, Netflix, Amazon and Apple are all looking 10 years in the future with streaming because they think it’s going to be huge. WB Discovery is looking 10 years in the past. I saw a comment elsewhere that summed it up well - it’s nice knowing Peacemaker is safe, but I’m really disappointed the environment that let Peacemaker get made in the first place seems to be gone.

4 Likes

@Mort @Doncabesa guys…you were

AI was a really good visual novel. It’s story and characters hooked me to the end except for Iris route, that one sucked >:v

I want to know what’s next for this universe but the price for the sequel is quite expensive :frowning_face: hope they announce it coming to gamepass this tokyo gameshow.

4 Likes

Attention To Detail In Halo Infinite Forge (This is only 15%)

6 Likes

7 Likes

If anyone’s interested in the new Inti Creates game (Grim Guardians), it’s being streamed right now. It’s literally just Bloodstained COTM 3 (which is a good thing btw lol)

1 Like

Go for it! I’ll never say no to more Cyberpunk games. I’m still hoping the Shadowrun rumors are true as well.

2 Likes

They had Gran Turismo. But the FIA and pro players dropped them after some questionable decisions.

Ignorance should not be mistaken for malice. :smiley_cat:

And this is without backed lighting :sunglasses:

There just changing their strategy not de-prioritizing. They don’t want to do these HBOMAX straight to streaming movies. That was one of the reasons why Batgirl was cancelled (which I’m not here to argue whether that was right or wrong, just telling what was reported), the other reason is because it wasn’t a very good movie according to multiple news outlets and Zaslav thought it would do more harm to the DC brand than good to release it (again not here to debate whether its right or wrong just telling you what was reported). Streaming is still very much a part of their future, Zazlav has said the priority moving forward is “Quality not Quantity” in the investor earnings call. However, that doesn’t mean they are going to spend less, in fact during the call they said they plan to spend even more in 2022 and 2023. I personally will take that approach any day over a Netflix shotgun approach. And the person who will be in charge moving forward along with his entire team is long time HBO veteran Casey Boyles who has been there for almost two decades and is responsible for all those wonderful shows we love such as Westworld, GOT, Barry, Succession and Board Walk Empire.

I feel like you aren’t looking at the whole picture when you say that. When they tried it the first time with Snyder at the helm there was no plan, no roadmap, no vision for what the DCEU was supposed to be. They just threw things together after Man of Steel (who btw Zach never wanted to do, he always wanted to make a Batman movie that’s probably why he went straight to Batman V Superman) and rushed things out hoping it would work which obviously it didn’t, and they failed spectacularly. This time around they want to put a figurehead in charge (who’s not Geoff johns) and actually PLAN a real layout of what the future for these films are going to be moving forward, while keeping Hamata and doing these spinoff series/movies that can exist on their own. Oh, and Allen Horn and Bob Iger are there now as well so who knows maybe lightning can strike twice and they can find another Fiege

I mean listen, we got good things out from this old regime absolutely. But we also had this very same group abandon Superman, abandon Green Lantern, completely destroy any momentum that Wonder Women had with 1984. And to top it off, this very same group was green lighting a fucking Wonder Twins and Blue Beetle movie before fixing any of the above. Just saying

1 Like

So 8 1st party devs at the event but… The Initiative you say? (left side of the pic). color me interested.