XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Ugh xCloud gaming hours are up 1800% YoY :exploding_head:

Oh wow I didn’t know you could party chat on xCloud

10 Likes

I think if the roles had been reversed Sony would definitely have made it exclusive to their platform. Maybe MS will too once MW2 has released and like you said, a new one in 2024. I am sure if they keep it on PS that they will still get a nice cut of those copies sold, but if they made the ballsy move to really lock it up on Game Pass, hardcore players on PS have no other option than to either play it on PC, get an Xbox or just subscribe to Game Pass and that is Xbox’s goal. There is no way that the real hardcore CoD players that buy it every year won’t subscribe to Game Pass, they absolutely will.

Why make TES VI exclusive (unless they’ve changed their stance on this now), why make anything big exclusive but not your heaviest hitter of them all? It’s not like Game Pass is on PS. But who knows, maybe it really stays multiplatform for all time and they’ll have their reasons.

One is a MP ‘platform’ and the other is a standalone game that comes around every once in a while. Pretty big difference.

2 Likes

There are so many COD games that getting mainline COD exclusive (especially with it stopping be annual) won’t change much. Any new FPS game has to compete with a lot of BR games (Fortnite, PUBG, Apex, COD Warzone 1, 2, Zombie) so not having mainline COD won’t change much.

Big difference, true. But still, they can have Warzone and its updates just like how they have TESO and F76 with ongoing updates. Warzone and any new CoD exclusive to Game Pass. I see nothing wrong with that.

Yeah because CoD is a multiplayer focused series with absurd money being made from MTX, it’s probably in MS best interest to keep it multiplat

Not only do they make a lot of money but it also keeps the brand strong everywhere and stops a potential competitor, people automatically default to CoD, doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad, it’s routine for a lot of people and keeping that routine everywhere keeps it strong

I feel it being on GP along with a cheap console like series S and even XCloud eventually as it’s getting better and better and more widely available will cause a big shift on it’s own

Other series like Elder Scrolls or other single player games both big and small have no reason to be multiplat as a selling a up front copies of single player games is less important than bringing them in for GP, MS would rather bring in millions of GP subscribers with ES6 than sell 10-20 million copies on playstation over the next 5-10 years of its release

4 Likes

So Phamtom Dust?

1 Like

More likely Mana games

from software exclusive?

This. But I wonder why XO and not TGS?

Agreed. Like you said, those who are COD hardcore fans will buy an Xbox Series S/X in order to play it and that’s how you build growth for your platform and eco-system. If they subscribe to Game Pass, that’s an extra bonus.

In my mind, making COD stay on PlayStation would be beyond stupid because the money gained from those sales isn’t worth more than growing your platform and eco-system in the long term. Having all the older games on Game Pass would also increase subscriptions. And even COD 2024 being on Game Pass day one would be great for those already subscribed or to gain new subscribers. Those who are hardcore and only play COD and maybe one or two games the rest of the year would most likely just buy the game digitally and that’s it.

If COD was to stay on PlayStation, the vast majority of those who play it there will simply stay there especially if they’re hardcore and only play COD all the time like millions only play sports games every year.

1 Like

Anyway, for those interested in Steel Rising, the $50 physical edition has finally been listed on GameStop, Amazon and Best Buy. This makes me very happy as I will be buying the game physically from GameStop. :joy:

I wonder why 2 Bethesda games (DOOM 2016 and TESO) are still missing from Game Pass PC. TESO is also missing from xCloud.

Are they in PS Now?

Xcloud version was there but Zos ran into an issue and had to remove it until they can fix it. PC version is probably because ESO has a launcher, a Steam version and a stadia version they are maintaining for PC. Throwing in a Windows store version is probably in the roadmap though, how long until is the only issue, specially if buying on Xbox means you own the PC version on Windows store.

6 Likes

Overwatch, COD, Apex are no brainers.

I do wonder how that cloud apps will integrate with TV.

2 Likes

Man I feel like a douche and a hater, but lately I’ve been struggling to find much that interests me on to play on Gamepass outside of a FIFA match here and there.

I really wish that Outer Worlds update was coming this month vs next. That would def give me something to play that I’m interested in.

1 Like

Its perfectly fine to not find anything you want to play

1 Like