XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Yeah, I remember you said something along the lines of you tried Aspry mac ports which left more to be desired about this project.

1 Like
7 Likes
10 Likes

Hopefully they improve quality since theyā€™re dropping xbox 360 games

1 Like

This is very good to hear. Games can take their time, focusing on the teams and culture is a big win.

1 Like

The game will feature a playable female protagonist for the first time, according to people familiar with the matter. The woman is Latina and will be one of a pair of leading characters in a story influenced by the bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde.

Sounds like multiple protagonists again then, like V. Was kinda hoping theyā€™d stick to one again, have more focus on that.

As for the culture changing there, I donā€™t know what to think of it. With that I meanā€¦the people that made these well known, beloved games and two big ones are gone. How significant are they going to change the game? In terms of watering down the satire part that is.

NIS is playing with my heart. Keep releasing games on Xbox, but still no signs of Ys, Trails or even Disgaea.

3 Likes

Considering that those games came to Google Stadia, I wonder if Google contracts prevent that from happening.

1 Like

If theyā€™re willing to release the (seemingly) less popular titles on Xbox AND with physical release it means the others should be in their way with time.

3 Likes

Our very own Nick said that they are working with them to bring a series over, but didnā€™t say which.

3 Likes

Its not the first female protagonist in GTA. The original GTA had a female criminal among the characters you could choose.

1 Like

The top down one? I played it a little, but I didnā€™t know that.

The article headline makes it sound like sheā€™s the only protagonist, and later in the article says sheā€™s one of a pair of leading characters. Which to me sounds like multiple protagonists again, weā€™ll see how that goes.

Really happy they got a female character again ! Now if only they could make the gameplay less heavy and more fun, but I know Iā€™m in the minority here.

1 Like

I feel like you are looking for more of a crackdown/saints row game then gta

1 Like

I loved them for that, but I also like GTA before ( IV was the last one I really enjoyed ).

1 Like

IMO it seems to be down to developers decision rather than publisher, some of the PS and Switch games published by Bamco and Sega were made by developers who never developed anything for Xbox at all, only when it came for bigger games it was mandated or they used another developer for the version.

They got right on the working conditions, and got wrong over the content of the game because its a satire aimed to joke at everything a la South Park, and people loved it.

1 Like
5 Likes

I donā€™t know what happened but I donā€™t see it on GP anymore. Itā€™s still in the store. Maybe itā€™s just temporary.

I may buy a digital AND a physical copy for this game anyway. We owe them everything regarding what they are going through right now.

Yeah, itā€™s the one thing that really wasnā€™t needed at all. Big changes for the better at the studio? Superb, how can anyone be against it. But big changes to what made GTA, GTA? I guess weā€™ll see. But I sure hope they still make fun of stuff in the game.

I loved watching the ingame TV in 4 and 5 and those shows that made fun of ridiculous actual US reality shows and such.

1 Like

But itā€™s gameplay was heavier than GTA 5.