XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Steam Deck has less performance than Series S and it costs more.

Agreed.

If it was possible to create an affordable handheld with Series S specs I’m sure Xbox would have already done it.

It’s possible but it would have to be sold at a massive loss to make it viable for the market.

1 Like

Oh I bet, and that’s good. I mean it’s not graphics > gameplay, but good graphics do contribute to a great experience and this game visually could shine so much more.

Funny to think that Xbox’s first party game has Nintendo’s marketing. But well Mojang has always been Microsoft purchase, not Xbox purchase.

1 Like

for me it comes down to how the tech is used. I think xenoblade 2 so far has the best anime art in a game. Emotion on faces are well presented and look great. Enviroments are massive with sense of scale, fighting is seamless paired with great fx effects

Minecraft has been so underutilised within the Xbox ecosystem that I don’t even think about them when considering xbox first party

I think Minecraft’s sole purpose for MS is to be a free money sink that gives them them income. When I look at it that way, I don’t really care what Mojang do. Just be a good earner for MS, I guess.

1 Like

Yep, it uses the hardware to its full potential, that’s for sure.

Xbox just needs to buy every wrpg developer so it is the place to be for those. They have a bunch already but they need to get cd project red and the company makeing balulders gate 3. They are bigger games sales wise and better reviewed overall. Let Sony have square and counter with cd project red

1 Like

There is no point in owning a genre. Some other studio will go and remake KOTOR or some older WRPG. Or somebody will leave the company and build their own and start making WRPG. There is no point in owning a genre.

Greedfall: Gold Edition is on sale for 18€. Playing through the Mass Effect games and really digging this style and tone. Any impressions on it? Should I go for it? I haven’t played Dragon Age yet so if that’s more like it, I’d rather wait then.

1 Like

I mean on the console section, Xbox already is the place for WRPG, and that’s not changing anytime soon no matter what happens in the near future, no need to acquire every single studio doing these games.

And this said, don’t MS or Sony , or any other dare touching Larian. I was happy with inXile, Obsidian or Bethesda acquisition as these weren’t on their best days (inXile was doing great, just needed a step up on their budget). And as a person who has Final fantasy 8 and 7 on his top 10 videogames, i’d also be happy with Sony acquiring Square Enix since they are hard to recognize nowadays.

But Larian is just the king of their genre, or subgenre, can’t see how an acquisition could improve anything they do.

Xbox is already the place for that

If you want to play the major JRPGs i.e. FF, you’ll need a playstation

If you want to play the major WRPGs, i.e. everything BGS, Obsidian, Fable etc, you’ll need an xbox

MS getting more of those isn’t going to change much, people already interested in those WRPGs is gonna need an xbox, outside of PC obviously, you dont need to own the entire genre or even close to it to force people into your ecosystem, hell Sony did that with Street Fighter alone last gen

4 Likes

There are people that won’t agree with you. However, I do. Not only to put a stranglehold on the genre, but WRPGs have a much wider audience and the high end ones are among the best selling games of all time. CDPR is a very logical buy for Xbox and does more for them financially and in the markets they really play in than getting Square Enix.

2 Likes

Geoff Keighley earlier this year was saying there were some pretty big deals coming. He said this after the Bungie news. I thought he meant Sony, but we’ve seen Embracer being busy this year too. Can see SE ending up at Sony, I just wonder what would happen to Dragon Quest.

CDPR ideally just stays as they are but if not, please join team Green.

A bit of advise : no matter the insider/journalists/whatever, even if they have a 100% track record, never trust them about acquisitions. It is such a complicated topic, always moving, that the most they can know about it is maybe some talks but that’s it. If something is finallized or not happening, they won’t know about it.

6 Likes

It’s good. It can be a bit repetitive as the game is really long, but I will say “go for it”. I loved it personnaly.

And there’s some tricky stuff, as you can get characters killed (one in particular) at some point if you’re not paying attention. Nothing major, but my advice is to make sure to do all the Companion’s sidequests or look up some soluce and how to keep them alive.

Story and atmosphere are solid. It’s an 8/10. Can’t wait for Greedfall 2.

1 Like

2 Likes

That doesn’t seem good