XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

My bad!

But then what if Sony goes for SE and gets Bamco with it? That isn’t a scenario I want to see, lol. So just let them have SE, but leave Bamco be.

Sony wouldn’t be able to afford it. Bamco & SE would cost together more than T2.

I know there are a lot of discussions how Sony is able to buy EA, T2, Epic etc. But no. I don’t believe it and stick to my prediction that Sony’s hard limit is 5b at best at once.

Oh you meant from Sony’s perspective, my bad

Amazing how SE mismanaged SE west. They acquired them and did nothing with it. Sitting on a treasure trove of games, but Just Cause is a much better IP to keep according to SE lmao.

Sony acquiring Square will be bad because they will kill smaller titles and focus only on AAA and FF14. I really hope it’s not Sony and I feel this would also do damage to switch

2 Likes

To Switch? lol. It will probably hit SE more. Nintendo will just release some Mario JRPG and the case is closed.

No idea, I was surprised when they paid for Gearbox.

So long as they stay away from the ones i actually care about , like Capcom. Just think. Supposedly in the late 90’s MS tried to buy Squaresoft(when they were actually worth a shit as a company), imagine if they succeeded. I’d probably be playing Vagrant Story HD on my Series X right now.

1 Like

Hard to say. Microsoft went through a lot of stages.

Just saw a post in the other forum where it shows A Dusk Falls on well placed on the top 50 most played page in netherland, decided to do a little check in other countries and now seems to be topping well worldwide, in a fun note it even peaked the simultaneous player numbers on Steam few hours ago (to 290 LOL), I wonder if it could have a late boom there.

1 Like

It is at #2 now

5 Likes

Basically all what everyone speculated

not that easy to create a JRPG like that, but losing those square titles could hurt th switch library a bit. It of course won’t hurt their install base or anything like that , but would be a lot of money lost on Sony/Square if they pull those games

Watching the Xenoblade 3 DF video now. Yeah, I’m sure that for Switch this is very impressive, but for today I simply can’t call it great. The blurriness isn’t nearly as bad as 2 but it still isn’t amazing or anything.

Just can’t help but feel disappointed that Nintendo so clearly isn’t in it for the power anymore, a long time they aren’t now, very long.

Without such low power that would not be as successful.

Because the cost of the system would be much higher because of the higher specs?

lucky me thought Xenoblade 2 was a good looking game with bad clearity which did not hamper my enjoyment. :slight_smile:

Of course. Just look at Steam Deck price and specs. And they sell it at loss (Nintendo doesn’t)

If Nintendo ever does want yo have more power for future games, imo Series S is the perfect lvl for them to aim for.

1 Like

I dont see a switch 2 having series s specs

Not if they want to not sell at a massive loss which they never seem to do, MS are already selling at a loss in the form it is now