XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

It seems they will add (hehe) a new cheaper tier that will use ads when you are using Netflix…maybe it will work something like Youtube? I don’t know.

Edit:

Edit 2: Tech radar gives a fantastic overview @Mort

But the angry mob should put down their pitchforks – ads on Netflix will only appear if new and existing customers opt in to the upcoming subscription tier.

4 Likes

Phew.

Who the hell would pay to watch ads?

1 Like

Netflix is like $20 a month, so probably some people lol

5 Likes

Ads completely ruins the experience, pay to watch ads? Better to not watch at all, or pay a month here and there. Blergh.

1 Like

People sub to twitch streamers constantly and still have to watch ads, plenty of people will do it

Especially if it means paying less than the norm

amazon prive video is a good deal if you actually order a lot of stuff from amazon. Thats why Ill never not have it.

That is completely different things.

Once the Activision deal closes, you can bet MS is gonna fill Netflix’s ad space with “Get the entire Call of Duty series on Gamepass now!” an install base of more than 200 hundred million (last time I checked) to promote Gamepass WITH COD?! Yeah this could be huge (ad sucks though).

2 Likes

It surprised me that Prime has it. Now those are ads based on their movie offerings, but even then.

Not really

It’s a subscription and you’re forced to watch ads

We also don’t know exactly how they will be implemented in Netflix’s model

If they play before/after a show starts then people will sub no problem, if it plays during then it may be a problem for people but it’s not effecting current subs so I dont really see the problem if it’s an optional cheaper sub

I’ve posted a lot of news items and made threads for them, will do better about keeping up with it moving forward.

3 Likes

Yes, really.

Those who does want to watch Netflix but don’t want to pay the current prices? Like people listen to Spotify with ads without paying for subscription. :man_shrugging:

But at least now we will probably see Game Pass ads on Netflix. Would be cool.

4 Likes

They better not make the add version like 15 bucks while non add is 20

Who knows what price will be.

Paying and then seeing ads is something for sure, yes I know it’s a tier. Netflix also gatekeeps HD and 4K to certain tiers already. Streaming being less convenient and cheap will make piracy much more attractive again.

Speaking of Netflix

Doesn’t look too bad, but I wonder how much of a game it really is.

When I saw your post, I was like, “Wow, a Netflix game I might want to play, there’s not much set in Korea.”

But the actual gameplay kinda killed it for me. And the zombie part especially seems random… :confused:

1 Like
1 Like