XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Yeah think I goofed and replied to the wrong post. I’m a few beers deep lol

1 Like

Haha, cheers. :wink:

2 Likes

WAIT…so it turns out she is legit and there seems to be something more from IW than COD!!!

If so… :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

what game is he talking about here

Microsoft have so far been doing an excellent job building marketshare and gaining ground on Playstation and so far this generation we haven’t had a single major game we’ve taken away from Playstation. Bethesda has continued to release their contractually obligated games on Playstation, games like Outer Worlds and Psychonauts 2 have still released on Playstation - the only actual exclusives we’ve had so far is the the long held Xbox exclusives like Halo and Forza. And yet the game pass subscriptions are growing and the gap between Xbox and Playstation is closing. I’m certainly not saying Microsoft shouldn’t be pushing exclusives - they absolutely should! But I think everything Microsoft is offering and the exclusives we’re gonna have are strong enough that Microsoft will realiatically hit a point where they can start looking at some of them and saying “Okay can we do more with this if it isn’t exclusive”.

1 Like

My 40th birthday is Tuesday and I’m struggling to think of a fun idea for a stream on our Twitch channel. If anyone has any ideas drop em in this thread please!

11 Likes

The “they need the PlayStation numbers for genre X” or “don’t take too many games away from PlayStation regardless of what they’ve done and continue to do” defies all rationality to me despite any and all attempts to make that opinion seem reasonable.

8 Likes

Yeah, i never see this sentiment when it comes to any other console maker. I don’t get it.

2 Likes

:beers: I turn 40 in January. Happy Birthday

5 Likes

Lots of 40ths here, I turn it in a couple of weeks too

5 Likes

40 next year for me. They say life starts at 40 or everything’s down hill right? See my memory is already gone :joy:

7 Likes

I feel like certain people just don’t like change. It could be for a multitude of reasons ‘they have invested their identity to the brand’ ‘they hold a grudge against Microsoft corporation’ ‘PlayStation is the only thing they know’ … whatever the reason it just boils down to fighting for the status quo not to change.

I’m actually the opposite, I welcome technology to change. Speaking of being 40, I’ve witnessed countless changes in technology. I expect every console generation to produce a new leader. I actually think Sony is looking weaker every day. I wish a company would buy them because I want to see an innovative well funded, competitive PlayStation. Not this lame back room deal timed exclusive litigious Sony we have today.

4 Likes

I think a lot of the exclusivity discussion boils down to how much important you place on Game Pass subscriptions versus console sales.

To someone focused on subs, a fighting game is a game that requires a large community to be successful. The game has a higher chance of success is available to everyone and Game Pass users still benefit because the game is available to them for free.

To someone focused on console sales, a multiplatform game doesn’t do anything to draw people to the console.

4 Likes

Damn its a retirement home in here!

I turn 26 next month.

21 Likes

30 on my part.

2 Likes

so upset

I actually think winning back the fighting community would’ve been pretty easy. Make another Dead or Alive exclusive and Killer Instinct. Of course continue to not miss on games like street fighter 6 and Mortal Kombat. Simple.

1 Like

32 here. I begrudge it all

Man you guys are all like twice my age. Turned 17 a few months ago. Gotta be the youngest on the forum, no?

4 Likes

Sonic avatar and not even old?