XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

Looking at things logically, IW building a aaa rpg doesn’t make much sense

The current strategy of Activision is to have every damn employee from every studio big and small working on pumping out CoD after CoD, the idea of their premiere CoD studio working on something that isn’t CoD is a bit far fetched

Maybe when they are under MS that might change but even then it seems doubtful, some of the other studios like Bennox, T4B etc sure but IW?

I dunno, I expect them to be a CoD studio just like 343 is for Halo

1 Like

Yeah, but it could also be in pre production and I believe Infinity Ward have 100+ job openings.

It’s possible it’s CoD related, but I don’t see much in the job description that would suggest it.

2 Likes

Hope you’re right.

1 Like

Yeah they have 107 openings currently.

1 Like

Xbox Era team schooling the Journos first hand today in the podcast :joy:

2 Likes

Edit: I got duped. :frowning: Senior Designer on MWII RE: The RPG.

10 Likes

How do we trust that though?

2 Likes

200w

2 Likes

What don’t u trust, that she works at Infinity Ward?

1 Like

Yep

2 Likes

We can disagree with said opinion though right? Pretty sure thats what’s going on here. Also I’m sure you can appreciate how that would be a bad look when Xbox owners are still being cut off from fighters like GG and DNF. Fighters benefit from large population yet these games are on PC and PS4 with no signs of ever landing on Xbox and the devs seem pretty content with that. Im not sure why the myth that a game “needs” to be on PlayStation to be successful still persists, especially with KI hitting 3 million players without it.

2 Likes

She is followed by a lot of other devs though, would be kinda safe to say they would know. Especially the other Swedish devs who probably know her.

1 Like

I don’t think many women are going to throw themselves into that fire for fun, lol

8 Likes

I’m avoiding getting into this more than I already have but I can’t resist this one because I at least haven’t touched on this point specifically. I don’t personally think Microsoft should be making decisions based on “it’s a bad look because Playstation has this or that exclusive”. There seems to be a lot of that going on in this discussion, people don’t want Sony to get content because Playstation did this or Playstation got that - I really don’t know why any of this matters. I bought an Xbox and I come to this forum because I like Xbox - I don’t come here because I dislike Playstation and I don’t want or need to see Playstation fail to enjoy my Xbox more. I also don’t think Microsoft needs Playstation to fail either, Xbox has such a strong future ahead with game pass and all of these acquisitions that I really don’t think they need to be quite so precious over keeping every title an exclusive or worrying about the perception of doing so.

3 Likes

Its just kind of a weird thing for people to push the narrative that Xbox needs to put its first party games on PS to be successful, and im not sure where it came from tbh. But games have been doing fine on Xbox for years without being on PS. People continue to try to push the narrative that KI somehow was not successful on Xbox and PC alone which is untrue. If it were not a success , MS wouldn’t be actively pursuing a sequel to it.

What MS should be worried about is getting a sequel made, and making sure third party Fighters are not skipping their console. They are not beholden to PlayStation owners, they are to Xbox/PC owners. I am sure they realize that though so whatever.

4 Likes

The problem is they really need to act the way Sony does, or Nintendo does for that matter. The reality is that this market has a threshold, and unless you eat in your opponent’s market share, you won’t grow as a console maker unfortunately. PC helps balance things out a bit for MS, but if you look at gens where Sony sold a lot more consoles than the competition, MS was a lot lower in sales, while the 360 gen is where MS sold the most and was almost at sales parity with Sony.

Only by keeping content away from its competition (both exclusives for sale and with Gamepass) will MS grow consoles marketshare. Look at the PS2 gen and PS4 gen; that’s where Sony had the most exclusive 3rd party content on lockdown (PS2 was notorious for this) and they dominated in those gens.

A lot will agree that the 360 gen was the golden age for Xbox, and that’s when we got the most variety imo. I don’t think it’s about hating the competition, but a business is a business, and people don’t grow their businesses by giving freebies to their competition and being all friendly with them either.

1 Like

and people are complaining why MS can’t be more clear on the exclusivity stuff when in reality they are also biting their own tongues.

2 Likes

Exactly, I meant that she is legit.

2 Likes

Yeah think I goofed and replied to the wrong post. I’m a few beers deep lol

1 Like

Haha, cheers. :wink:

2 Likes