XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

I wanna hear how old the “why Sega?” folks in the acquisition thread are lol

4 Likes

I’m glad i was around for Sega’s glory days. Talk about a beastly first party stable, they pretty much ran the arcades too. Good times.

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of Sega stuff. Liked Yakuza and some of their other stuff but like 80-90 percent of their games i don’t like, so i am in the “Why Sega” Camp.

4 Likes

The fun never stops. Cursed to Golf comes out on the 18th and at 1:36am I just got a review code from its creator, so keep an eye out for a review close to launch!

5 Likes

I am 33 :skull:.

Part of the 40s club now here, since August 12. But I can guarantee you I feel at least ten years younger. So that’s good. :blush:

6 Likes

Call of RPG

Except this logic does not work great if we recall that a lot of fighting games were not on Xbox One. Guess they didn’t need that console because it had only 50-60m sales. And Nintendo literally has Smash that is not available anywhere and sold a ton.

Xbox now has much bigger reach than a home console market to a point that it does not need any other platform holder. And they can win back some market share from Playstation.

30 for me too in two weeks

2 Likes

wow im old. 40

6 Likes

Same here on both accounts! I am 40 too but feel and look younger (at least that’s what other people are telling me), must be the Greek DNA doing it’s work just like @Shpeshal_Nick. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Just turned 26 last month :awkward:

1 Like

This is too wholesome what tha heck

2 Likes

This was already debunked. She more than likely doesn’t work at IW.

No i meant statement’s like: “he’s more pro playstation”. Regarding the topic I think his thoughts have merits especially with fighting games. It really depends on the game the audience on PS is more fighter oriented. If KI comes on just xbox they will just play SF6. KI won’t bring people to your console since there are many and very prominent alternatives.

That’s totally different with SOT for example. This is a one kind of game and gives the xbox ecosystem something unique. Thus it does has the ability to pull people.

If there is one game my friends constantly ask about if it come to ps it’s SOT. Same with Starfield. It really depends on the game.

The only problem with that statement is that it assumes that the audience is a statitc term. In xBox 360 era, Xbox was more fighter oriented for example. Xbox will get more fighting games - Xbox will become more fighter oriented. There is no reason to concede any game on the basis that “because the community is there”.

It is like with JRPGs - if Xbox grabs Square Enix, you can bet JRPG community will come with it :joy:

3 Likes

Hmm JRPGS are much different imo. Every JRPG can have much different gameplay or story. Granted I don’t have a feeling how different SF compares to MC but I argue Persona can’t be directly compared with Final Fantasy or Xenoblade. Each game has completely different gameplay and story. Thus as a jrpg fan you also have to consider that not everyone will like everything. Fighting games are much closer.

Also comparisons of Singleplayer and Multiplayer isn’t really helpful. Like I said unique games that are very good can be a system seller. Singleplayer more than multiplayer. Also they don’t have the option to generate more money after launching.

This are all factors you have to consider and jrpgs won’t make bring you esports events and sponsors. All that is a non factor. That’s the reason why exclusive like Starfield, Hellblade are important. Releasing them on other platforms will not make more revenue since they are the catch games to bring people in the ecosystem. KI I don’t think is such a game.

The point is that community comes and go. Xbox can build the community with new games and acquisitions and Xbox Series S is the best system for fighting games anyway.

I brought the example of Witcher 3 sales - W3 sold 2.5 time less on Xbox, does that mean that Microsoft should start dropping its RPGs on Playstation? After all they sell more there thus the community is bigger.

What Xbox needs right now is to sell consoles and subscriptions and it will allow the community to grow. Especially considering that not everybody can even buy a console right now.

2 Likes

Watched MS Marvel today :expressionless:

Marvel’s Avengers game story looking much better now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s a poor example because it’s a single player game.

I gave you an example why I think multiplayer games are different to Singleplayer games. And why I think this is especially true for fighting games. I even said there is a reason why Starfield is market so heavily as an exclusive. Cause it is the eye catcher to being people in your system.

1 Like