XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

And FF7R

heard Bloodborne is as well.

2 Likes

Iā€™m way less experienced in Souls games and i managed to find my way just fine. Nearly every game i played worked like this growing up. While there were videogame magazines that often had secrets in them and all that , there was no such thing as Social Media and Youtube where you could get up to date strategy while playing as we have now. If someone is willing to put in the time to play and actually learn it there is plenty ways to do just that, he didnā€™t want to invest and barely gave it an hour and thatā€™s his problem. Not the gameā€™s.

I could understand if he went in blind and had no idea of the reputation of Fromā€™s ā€œSoulsā€ games but he clearly did.

1 Like

I should stress, I havenā€™t even seen the review in question, maybe they do make some bad points - but I really donā€™t think the opening hours of the game are faultless and the points I raised shouldnā€™t be dismissed by ā€œgames used to be harderā€. We shouldnā€™t aspire to repeat an era of games that were either simply not as well designed as modern games or actively built to pilfer quarters in arcades.

Soulsborne games are challenging experiences, yes, but I donā€™t think that requries the opening hours to be purposely obtuse and punishing. I donā€™t think it would be a worse game if they had simply made the opening hours a little more player friendly.

Could the reviewer have pushed through and perhaps gotten to like the game? Maybe. But they didnā€™t enjoy their time with the games opening hours and stopped. I personally know people who had this experience and I donā€™t think this is all that uncommon, so I donā€™t think itā€™s an invalid point of view even from a review perspective.

1 Like

If it were to happen (big if), I would hold the announcement for the 2nd half and do a big blowout for Golden Week. Sale in the store and a bunch of Japanese games added to Game Pass.

I would like to see a Sleeping Dogs Sequel. I remember really enjoying the first game and it even had a likable main character and story with really fun combat.

I dont think this will ever happen though

6 Likes

Okayā€¦ Now that Iā€™ve actually gotten to play the game for a little while. I want to give my first impressionsā€¦

This doesnā€™t feel like a Trails game at all!!!

ā€¦In a GOOD way! Love Trails but after 5 games in a row of the Trails of Cold Steel arc I was so burned out. This is very refreshingā€¦ and is actually feeling somewhat like a Yakuza game. In fact I think Yakuza LAD 2 can take some pointers from this battle system.

• Storyline, for now (itā€™s Trails so I know eventually it will get into more typical JRPG stuff), seems focused on mafia groups, the police, the underground aspect of the city (Trails actually had this before in the Crossbell arc, but this seems even more serious, and the Crossbell arc had primitive PSP graphics). And something that is extremely rare in Trails happens in the prologue: someone is killed.

• Protaganist is not some teenage dork like a lot of other JRPGs. Heā€™s a 24 year guy who does odd jobs for a living and doesnā€™t mind if theyā€™re in the ā€œlegally grey zoneā€

• Combat is actually a mixture of both turn based and action based. You can fight small fry enemies with action combat (or just engage in turn based at any time by pressing Square), tougher enemies you can engage in action combat, fill up a ā€œstun gaugeā€ which then lets you press Square to activate the turn based battle with massive advantages (and if you get hit too much in action combat, the ENEMY will activate the turn based battle with massive advantages for them), and boss fights are turn based only. Itā€™s all very snappy. Going from action to turn based only takes a second.

• So far seems like it could be a good entry point for newcomers. There is very little references to previous games for now

Itā€™s really a damn shame this game wonā€™t actually be released in the West until 2024 if NISA are the ones localizing itā€¦ I feel like this could be a big hit with the Western audience.

4 Likes

Itā€™s still funny when context is seen through gamersā€™ eyes.

1 Like

Life before gamepass lol

9 Likes

There were times where I could only buy games for $10 or less

oh my god this is sooooo good! :fire:

As for suggestions, have you considered the Sir Miriel, Steward of the Church of Likely Dog?

2 Likes

You wonā€™t lose picture quality unless itā€™s a very old AVR that only does 1080p(but that would likely be very old) but as others have said youā€™re unlikely to have VRR, Dolby Vision and a lot of other features on your AVR. What you could do as you said you only have 2 speakers is to plug your Xbox into your TV and then use EARC/ARC into your receiver. Means if your TV has all those features you still get them but the sound will still come out your speakers

Donā€™t lose your job over this, Phil.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll watch the video.

But I have to say, Iā€™ve never been a big fan of any Robin, always wanted Batman to stay doing his thing alone. Until I saw the Damian Wayne film, also Iā€™ve never had a problem with Nightwing but playing as his son and then eventually becoming Batman would have been great.

Wonder why the game was canceled.

The first time I saw that character I wondered why I never heard anyone mention him. Everyoneā€™s talking about Radahn and Maleniaā€¦

Why isnā€™t anyone talking about Miriel?? :weary:

2 Likes

Watch Batman : The Long Halloween Part 1 & 2 and The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2 . Thank me later .

Yeah Iā€™m watching them in release order. Returns was awesome!

The Long Halloween will be soon :wink:

2 Likes

If you plan to watch Batman: Hush or The killing Joke then bother . Their comics are much better .

Iā€™ll go watch it all, unless the animation is so bad that I canā€™t stand it. Like some of the movies earlier on, man thereā€™s some bad stuff in there, lol.

But i really like how some of the movies are dark, and also contain plenty blood and even gore sometimes. I remember from my childhood certain Batman comics and they were super freaking dark, I remember one with Bane. It wasnā€™t the kid friendly Batman animated series type, thatā€™s for sure.

I also remember the comic Death in the Family, as a kid to see and read that, damn.

Truly wish weā€™d get a r rated live action Batman movie.

1 Like

I was not talking about the animation . They changed some characters and plot beats in the movies but they are not as good the original plot from the comics . You can still watch them but just know that the comics are much better .