XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Thats because the PS5 is dead there. If it was on other platforms it would have had a chance, even PS4 would have helped. Most are certain that any PS5 sales there are exported to be sold at scalper pricers in other regions.

1 Like

Funny how Switch seems to be the only one getting limited editions. It’s clear some of these devs are ready to stick to that platform.

Hopefully it opens the doors for the games that have skipped Xbox so far too.

1 Like

Yeah, like… Ys VIII.

Didn’t we get that? Is that the top down one?

I wonder how it will do since that platform is becoming more of no-no for Japan. It’s niche over USA unless it’s been that popular over here.

No, that’s an old Ys game from 2006 called Ys Origin. NISA just showed Ys VIII PS5 port on the stream. Ys VIII is from 2017 and is a 3D ARPG. One of the best in the genre.

The Playstation audience who wanted to play it have already played it. I don’t think it’ll sell anything. A Game Pass release would be a lot more effective, at least that’s a new audience.

And my usual reminder that even Stadia has this game

1 Like

Their priority is making Atlus look convincing.

Ah shit, that’s a damn disappointment then. We really should have gotten it too.

Oooh hold on, Lacrimosa of Dana. I finished that on Xbox via Stadia via Edge. :slight_smile:

Anyway the stream just died so now I’ll update what they showed for Xbox. It’s worth noting most of these Xbox releases are Western Indie games. NOT knocking them for that, some of them look great. But most of the Japanese games are indeed skipping.

1 Like

Legal Dungeon and Replica were already announced for Xbox. I think both are small visual novel games. Already on Steam.

1 Like

Likely part of the 7 figure payments (millions) or even upper 6 figures per game that Google initially had in contracts to draw publishers to the platform. Is it worth Microsoft paying those same figures to port the game?

The show sure took a note from Nintendo Direct to the heart.

Yeah, it’s a good format. Xbox should rip it off.

Anyway it seems the show ender was… NIS Classics Volume 3. Switch exclusive so NIS is not giving Playstation preferential treatment either (which is funny because the games included were all PSP/PS2 exclusives).

So at the end of the stream something positive happened. NISA is publishing an Xbox game. That’s more than I expected going into this anyway.

1 Like

I mean it’s simple, so it wouldn’t hurt. That said I mean the way how it looks, how it is narrated, and so on. A little too much to the heart. It always have that hip to the kids feel, rather if it sticks to all audience sensation. So yeah, that’s what Xbox should do. It will be weird for them to do “Enter the creepy night filled with vampires. But you won’t be alone with 3 of your friends on your side. Now who will be sucking whose blood” That’s just me.

It does scream Switch will be their main one and the rest, “we’ll think about it.”

Of all games shown, I think Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 is the only one I am interested in. Extremely interested :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Full list of games

Neptunia x SENRAN KAGURA: Ninja Wars (Switch, PC) - Available Now

Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 (PS4/PS5, Switch, Xbox, PC) - Available Now

Crystar (Switch) - Available Now

NIS Classics Volume 2 (Switch) - May 10, 2022

Yurukill: The Calumniation Games (PS4/PS5, Switch) - July 5, 2022

Disgaea 6 Complete (PS4/PS5, PC) - June 28, 2022

The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero (PS4, Switch, PC) - September 27, 2022

The Use of Life (PC) - Spring 2022

Kamiwaza: Way of the Thief (PS4, Switch, PC) - Fall 2022

Underworld Dreams (Switch, PC) - Spring 2022

Unsouled (Switch, Xbox, PC) - Spring 2022

Rico London (Xbox) - April 28, 2022

Duskdiver 2 (PS4/PS5, Switch) - Summer 2022

Samurai Bringer (PS4, Switch, PC) - April 21, 2022

Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory & Revenants (PS5, Xbox) - Summer 2022

Amnesia: Memories & Later x Crowd (Switch) - Fall 2022

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS5) - Fall 2022

Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 (Switch) - July 28, 2022

Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi (PS5) - Summer 2022 (already on Xbox)

Blade Assault (PC) - Available Now

Phantom Breaker Omnia (PS4, Switch, Xbox, PC) - Available Now

The Courier (PS5, Switch, Xbox, PC) - 2022

Replica (PS4, Xbox) - April 5, 2022

Spacelines from the Far Out (Xbox, PC) - Spring 2022

Horgihugh and Friends (Switch) - June 26, 2022

Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei (Switch) - June 28, 2022

Skul: The Hero Slayer (PS4, Switch, Xbox, PC) - Available Now

Legal Dungeon (PS4, Xbox) - April 5, 2022

Jack Jeanne (Switch) - 2023

Undying (PC) - 2022

Sanabi (PC) - TBA

Pocky & Rocky Reshrined (PS4, Switch) - June 24, 2022 (Actually interested in this one too)

The Last Friend (Switch) - April 21, 2022

NIS Classics Volume 3 (Switch) - Summer 2022

5 Likes

Day One? Nah Day Zero because I’m going to preorder it! Big brain

Edit: Just realize that it will come to Switch only. :pensive: But I’m pretty sure they will publish Xbox after 6 months I hope

Is the previous ones on Switch?