XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Ghostwire did only 10k, ooof, I think its the worst Bethesda launch numbers in Japan.

It shows that repeated marketing is nothing wihtout having a strong developer name to help it, didn’t Deathloop also only sell well on its launch week and forgotten quickly despite the critical acclaim? Meanwhile people were hyped af for Elden Ring at the leaked information stage before its announcement.

Well, it is PS5 game no? So PS4 won’t help. The chart does not show PC though or digital.

1 Like

lol this is what I was expecting Tango to be . Looking forward to this game .

So if I’m right and Fall Guys is imminent then I also would think it would be a Gamepass game. That would explain why Gamepass is holding onto the April announcement.

If I’m right, what would your reaction be to Fall Guys on Gamepass? Would y’all be excited about Fall Guys and play it or would you folks ignore it?

EW1 was a crossgen game and still made 60k units at launch on PS4 (+60k on PS3) and it had a smaller install base at 770k.

Considering how the game was set and based on japanese culture like Ghost of Tsushima, it would be expected to have at least some success like it, but it was completely ignored.

Sadly not surprised. PS5 is basically PS4 Pro Pro for Japan.

isnt fall guys dead ?

It’s a reasonable expectation too, but also things like creative freedom come into play and it turns out Johannes is steering away from horror for now and Mikami made it clear too that they don’t only want to make horror. Can’t deny though that I’m very disappointed about that.

Doesn’t mean the next game can’t be fantastic, but when Bethesda was acquired, meaning Tango too my first thought was absolutely that Xbox had their own horror studio now. For me it’s the same with Arkane. I love that studio for Dishonored and Prey, big singleplayer fan here, but their next game is co-op with the option of solo. But to me it’s clear the focus is co-op, that’s how it was presented. I still look forward to it though, but if it had been up to me I would have greenlit Prey sequel.

A dead game that reached Season 6 with close 10,000 players in Steam alone? Don’t think so.

One day Sony might make a game that is lighthearted and fun, but then maybe pigs will fly.

Never have a hard time finding games. I like Fall Guys. Once it comes to Xbox I can probably unplug my PS5 for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Insomniac makes those kind of games .

good to know .

has more amount of players that Halo infinite has on steam right now so …

Depends on the time if you look both peak time in 24 hour. I suppose you can say it’s more popular in specific region.

I was hoping more for recording/capture related news from Jez though, not Fallguys if that is the news he’s teasing

:sweat_smile:

His wording doesn’t make it look like anything big, it’s not his fault some of us out here just hype any “tease :eyes:” with disregard to what is actually being said

1 Like

That’s on fans. Unlike other Twitter handler, you know who, with their vague words and doesn’t temper any expectation.

1 Like

I don’t think a timed exclusive being released after its exclusivity is over is particularly big news.

1 Like

Would recording/capture news be considered big news ?

Nah.