XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Hopefully. This screenshot right here is basically one of the most legendary moments in Xbox E3 history IMO.

And since DD2 is also an Itsuno game… :eyes:

4 Likes

DD2 might not have to be this year no? Don’t know why it’s assumed to be revealed soon or have I missed something?

You missed this. This just went up a couple days ago, and it’s pointing towards something being revealed soon

1 Like

I have a theory that Sony didn’t want Capcom getting close with Xbox anymore and grabbed all their big future reveals & marketing

Oh that makes sense. Could be at SGF, or it could just be revealed on Twitter/blogspot with full reveal later this year (TGAs).

Oh wow. Normally I stay far away from Resetera, but I saw someone link this on Installbase and this poll is very interesting, considering the reputation the place has for Playstation…

For me it’s been the bottom option for about 4 or 5 years now.

I know this means nothing in terms of actual console reputation though. It’s easy to have your reality warped by these sites into thinking this is general public opinion.

1 Like

Meh, they can do whatever, long as it’s no timed exclusive.

reality:

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a mobile game.

I was watching that Gundam Game showcase yesterday and they ended it with:

“HERE COMES A BRAND NEW GUNDAM GAME…”

“FOR MOBILE!”

Yeah I don’t care about that stuff personally either.

Wait, except maybe that it could be the reason we haven’t been seeing Capcom on GP lately :frowning:

Funny. I’m looking at their recent ideas a lot more positively. They needed a more diverse line-up and making their games more accessible thanks to subscription services and a ‘day one PC’ mentality will help with that.

It’s the reason why I have decided to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass back in 2018/2019. It’s the reason why I’m even part of this website.

5 Likes

I sadly stopped caring for Sony and Playstation a long time ago

The ps1 and 2 are my favourite consoles of all time but PS3 was an MGS4 box for me, I only bought a ps4 because of Death Stranding which thankfully I loved but outside of that, their games just dont interest me and iv yet to see anything from ps5 to change that

Not to mention this constant moneyhat bullshit has the opposite effect of getting me into their ecosystem

4 Likes

Yes but I think there’s more to be done. I certainly didn’t appreciate the $70 games, nor the apparent lack of discounts so far. Last gen I got stuff like Horizon and Spider-Man for $20 or so, not very long after their release. I hope they don’t attempt a Nintendo move there at least.

However, when they adopt the GP model, and make PS5 D available, maybe with enticing bundles, I’ll happily consider getting back to their ecosystem.

Useless scores strikes again… But different this time

Really happy on the progress of Xbox Era brand

7 Likes

Yeah, definitely possible. We had RE7 on Game Pass, we had DMCV quite early on too. But then they just stopped.

In terms of SF6 it’s up in the air, we had people claim it was going to be a full exclusive again. Hope not. Hope none of the Capcom games have such shit tied to it. It ruins excitement really quick.

Reminder that xbox has shown gameplay of next gen only games :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

SF6 is still a question mark I think, it could go either way at this point. In general though while I don’t think that Capcom will accept any moneyhats for timed exclusivity and limit their audience it’s quite possible that we’ll see quite a few marketing deals between them and Sony…and that probably means “not on Game Pass for X amount of time” clauses. It sucks but I’ll get that over seeing the games being PS5 timed exclusives.

Like i said before, Capcom is in a position where they don’t need Sony’s money and being exclusive would be more of a detriment to them. On the other hand Sony is desperate to keep games off of Xbox and are willing to spend to do so.

I know these deals are often made months or even years in advance, and at the outset of this gen most though that the PS5 would continue its dominance over Xbox. Its not working out that way, plus with the unavailability of one console compared to the other…

Xbox regaining ground again, will Sony be able to throw its weight around with third parties as much as before.

1 Like

No option actually applies to me. All I really care about is Sony’s first party single player exclusives on PS5 and any timed console exclusives that I want to play. Other than that, I don’t care about the other stuff they’re doing.