XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

8 Likes

She is like the Days Gone’ MC. Frequently talking here and there that some twitter users whished her to stfu just for once during a mission.

Aloy is worse than Deacon because she spoils everything you have to do before even having a moment to survey your surroundings to figure out what has to be done. Wish they would just mute her when she’s not in a conversation with someone.

1 Like

FC6 is fully free until Monday with free play days :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Looking into the Spring Controllers and they say it’s releasing April 2022 but the one I want isn’t releasing until late May. :persevere:

A part of me hopes we skip OT9 just as a fun nod to Windows.

Guess they ran out of names.

The final (?) DLC boss for Gunvolt Chronicles 2 is the protagonist Kirin from the upcoming game Azure Striker Gunvolt 3… Which is currently slated for a Switch exclusive release in Summer. Hopefully this means Inti Creates is planning a multiplat launch before then.

And Gal Gun sneaks it’s way onto Xbox today… In the form of a new boss fight available in Gunvolt Chronicles 2. I wish these bosses were cheaper lol (I get it… They have to pay voice actors).

2 Likes

I hate that sort of thing, when the game/devs assume you’re an imbecille. I mean, I understand they have to take the average cultist into account but still… :wink:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/xboxfr/status/1506314779635367937?s=21

2 Likes

Even if you’re a PlayStation extremist or worse, cultist, I can’t see how hearing Aloy every 10 seconds talk for no apparent reason and to spoil literally EVERYTHING is enjoyable. I’m docking a full point from the audio category for this reason alone. Voice acting is great and the music is excellent. Sound effects are also really good but my goodness, Aloy never shuts the fuck up.

I have realized that this is one trend Sony keeps doing with their exclusives. I don’t mind talking if it’s when you’re with another character going to a location or something like Guardians of the Galaxy which makes sense because there should be dialogue and all that but alone 90% of the game, Aloy shouldn’t be talking at all in my opinion.

3 Likes

DoA’s publisher is Koei Tecmo, not ID@Xbox. Other publishers, other criteria :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

There’s a lot of things they do in those games that I find annoying af, but the Cult absolutely love. Things like the drawn out padding of many of the games/scenes/gameplay moments, the pretentious sadness, the samey look and the assumption that you, the player, are dumb.

The constant chatter I think is something the average cultist need to feel connected or something, idk haha. It’s more about being guided on a filmic journey. Prestige and Quality!

I exaggerate a bit, but it’s the impression I get a lot of the time.

1 Like

Yeah. Might be the case with Martha is Dead too. I think that was self published (not passed thru ID@Xbox), so maybe that’s why it was okay but Nun Massacre (or Postal) is apparently not. Even back on Xbox 360, Gal Gun was published by Alchemist (so it was released), but with the remaster they were trying to get it through ID@Xbox (this time denied) Publisher basis cases…

On Playstation the censorship policy is universal. Everyone (except AAA games) must follow it. Any indie publisher, any AA publisher, etc. must follow it. So I can say at least that Xbox’s way of doing it is infinitely preferable to Sony’s.

1 Like

I tend to get the padding/prolonged/overstaying it’s welcome mostly in Naughty Dog games especially with Druckmann in charge. I know people always refer to God of War and whatnot as sad dad but he’s not sad, he’s fucking angry and pissed off. I see more anger and desolation than anything but for the games that are post apocalyptic, it does make sense because why would they be happy and cheering? lol

I usually love the story and characters as well as the combat/gameplay. Some more than others and some like TLOUP2, not at all as I hated the story and characters. Druckmann ruined it all in my opinion.

If by samey look, you mean the visuals, this is one area I can’t complain in because I do want amazing realistic visuals. It is what I prefer. I have a Series X and a PS5. I don’t want 90’s looking PC games. Just no.

It all depends on the game. My favorite studio though is Insomniac. They’ll be going dark with Wolverine, have the kids stuff in Ratchet and Spider Man is in the middle. Mostly light hearted with serious moments here and there but not overdone. But again, it depends on the game.

Oh well. It all is what it is.

Xbox should be more transparent, what exactly these roadblocks are. If a dev names ‘technical problems’ but releases on Switch that raises some eyebrows.

Yes, It’s just my impressions and I haven’t played all of these games either. With “samey” I mean that most of the games seems to go through some sort of PS-filter, and someone pointed out that it actually does. They have a studio for that apparently, heh. Realistic is not the problem.

Anyways, great games/movies but not without issues.

1 Like

I wonder how many people will buy different FIFA game by mistake.

That’s never going to happen, Xbox tends to stay quiet about problems with Devs, like with Scalebound/Platinum and Ori/Moon, they never bring it up even when people assume it was all their fault that something didn’t work out and studios don’t usually take any responsibility unless it gets out there.

3 Likes

Airing out dirty laundry in the open isn’t very professional, I feel like devs do this to push the blame on Xbox in the public eye if it’s Xbox’s fault or not.

1 Like