XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

That sounds so lame lol. Fifa rolls off the tongue in a way that ‘fancy a round of EA sports FC?’ doesn’t.

Think this is not going to work well for FIFA in the end, and for that I will be delighted.

One thing is for sure, it will be somewhat of a case study in terms of the pull of branding.

2 Likes

For those curious about our lack of a review.

Just got a late code in from 2k’s PR for Tiny Tina’s Wonderland, going to work on a review for that non-stop and since the embargo is up I can even stream it as I’m doing the review process if I want.

13 Likes

Did they give you a code for the Xbox Series version or the Xbox One version?

less money for FIFA is always a good thing :+1:

I’m not talking about dirty laundry or shaming devs. They should make their publishing criteria transparent. Not for us, but for devs.

Playing the Mario Kart tracks for the first time now. I didn’t buy the pack yet, just joined my buddies.

Surprisingly you CAN vote for the new tracks. On the other hand, Nintendo kinda had to because otherwise people that don’t have the pack can only vote old tracks or random, which would be old tracks too. That would get annoying fast.

Gotta say that the tracks feel a bit simplistic, they lack the anti-gravity element that the other MK8 tracks do have.

3 Likes

Thats a damn fine controller

Oh yeah definitely, guidelines are always a good thing to have up front, but they also need to make sure that the people approving the games for ID@Xbox to publish, don’t let any sort of biased get in the way. Like if it was denied by someone, the studios should be allowed to have the game reviewed by someone else to make sure that the decision for doing so was actually egregious and not just something like the person reviewing didn’t like the depiction of an animal dying or a nun going on a rampage.

Well, for now, this is all there is for information on ID@Xbox content standards

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/developers/id

While we’re not trying to be censors, we’re also not interested in enabling extremely vulgar, offensive, or objectionable games.

Pretty vague. I think Mortal Kombat hits all 3 of those things (not ID obviously, but you get the point)

1 Like
8 Likes

As interesting as that would be, Hoeg posted that part of the contract says that ABK can’t recognize a union. So, it looks like the only way that the Raven union can go through is after the merger and Microsoft needs to give the go ahead themselves.

The thing is that ABK cannot recognize the union without Microsoft’s approval. In theory if Microsoft allows, ABK can do that even right now. But I don’t believe that either Microsoft or ABK want unions to succeed anyway.

Series X version

1 Like

Nice. Looking forward to your review Jesse.

Thanks, will try and get it out by the weekend if I can. I’ll probably stream some too

You’re welcome. And awesome!!!

F1 2021 is really fun ! Legit can’t wait for FM8

1 Like

That is an extraordinarily bad name for a video game.

Finally! :slight_smile: