XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

I agree with both of you.

They will now be all 4k 120fps, HDR, full Ray tracing implemented. Coming Next Gen.

Because that would take them away from the new smaller project and Gears 6?

If this ends up being Coalitions second project to get them ready for Gears 6ā€¦

Spengbeb

Because it would be a waste of resources, effort, talent.

2 Likes

Lol, but thatā€™s said to be new IP

Has it been said to be a new IP though? All I keep hearing is second smaller project

Gears collection could have been outsourced, who says the Coalition wasted time on it

Agreed.

Well, Iā€™m looking forward to the Gears collection. Itā€™s a great franchise and it deserves the MCC treatment.

13 Likes

Maybe they are upgraded in unreal 5

Only just noticed this but how fucked up is it that Microsoft lets Apple TV on Xbox consoles which allows you to purchase movies and tv shows on Xbox which sales go to Apple and you can subscribe to Apple TV + on the console but Apple wonā€™t allow Game Pass on the App store.

The whole big deal for Apple is they donā€™t want a store within their store and if they do they want 30% of everything.

2 Likes

We donā€™t know if Apple pays something to Microsoft or not.

But Apple is literally in a situation that put Microsoft into a pickle 20 years ago.

Well the fact one service is on a platform and the other isnā€™t is pretty telling to me, Apple are going to get massively fucked over soon for this sort of behaviour. Companies like Epic arenā€™t going stop going after em for it and they wonā€™t be the last. The EU are probably going to go at em too.

3 Likes

More like Unreal Engine 4 as I canā€™t see them upgrading them all in Unreal Engine 5 for a Fall release this year that quickly. Anyone know who is doing the collection? Is it The Coalition (I hope not) or an outside contracted studio?

Yeah, I also donā€™t see Apple winning in a long run.

1 Like

I can. Running in UE5 but not using UE5 asset production pipeline from scratch. Think of it as a UE4.5 situation.

2 Likes

Well, Fortnite moved to UE5 relatively fast too right? Though assets would look kinda old.

They will, if you pay attention to the bills and new anti trust rules and regulations both the EU and US want to apply/are applying, those have apple and Google written all over it.

1 Like

Would look only as old as Gears 5 Hivebusters assets.