XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Devs get lots of money upfront. Thats good.

1 Like

Iā€™m totally with nick on the podcast. We need more short games. So many games are bloated now just to say itā€™s a 200 hr game or what not

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know about Furi at all.

They seem to be the ones behind Haven. i was interested in it when they had the reveal trailer. I tried the Haven demo a few years back, enough to know the game wasnā€™t for me. When it was on GamePass I didnā€™t even play it. Iā€™m not sure that game subscription services had anything to do with lack of Haven success.

As a counterpoint to game subscription services making indie game development success more difficult, have a look at Deathā€™s Door. It seems to have had success and didnā€™t enter onto a subscription service until a year after release.

Haven had a visual novel like mechanics + survival stuff and I remember weird navigation. Bored me to death and dropped it quickly. Not surprised it did bad.

Furi was so awesome though. Their wrong game got on Game Pass.

1 Like

I very much enjoyed Life is Strange True Colors, so was wondering if the buvemind had any other suggestions for Games on Xbox Gamepass that are similar?

Heck yeah. AK would warrant a second playthrough for me. Game is still a beauty with visuals at max. The lower resolution on Xbox because of Xbox One and never a One X patch doesnā€™t do it any favors.

Yeah definitely, hopefully, we get some updates on this soon.

1 Like

I agree .

1 Like

I hear a lot of talk about a new Silent Hill, kind of makes me hope that the OG Xbox Silent Hill games were back compat. I know we have the HD collection but itā€™s not exactly the best way to play Silent Hill 2.

Some games deserve it, your Bethesdaā€™s and whatnot, theyā€™ve always been that way and itā€™s part of the reason people love them

But thereā€™s no reason games like Assassins Creed should be taking 100s of hours

1 Like

Furi was also time exclusive to PS4 as far as I recall. Donā€™t know if it appeared in PS+ too.

Too much horror :disappointed:

Well, horror games have become more mainstream thanks to Resident Evil 7+8

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to see less long rpgs or big multiplayer games. I simply want to see more games that are short or linear on top of what they are already doing. No need to cut back investment in stuff I really enjoy. Just give me some games to fill the gaps between those.

I know people are saying the other remaster collection this year is gears but I am still hoping itā€™s fable

1 Like

Fable collection? Oh yeah, if that gets the Chief treatment Iā€™d like that too.

1 Like

Agreed. Not every game needs to be within a giant open world. Very happy that Mafia 4 seems to be more linear like Mafia/Mafia II than open world like Mafia III.

Me too. Itā€™s weird that theyā€™re even doing a Gears collection when they could just upgrade the games for Series X which I think they did anyway.

2 Likes

Pretty much all the Gears games are now 60/4k so im really not sure if this will have much appeal, unless itā€™s because they finally want to have all the games on pc as well

Yeah, the games are perfectly playable. Anyway, as long as itā€™s not by Coalition Iā€™ll be fine with it. I hope to God itā€™s not by The Coalition.

2 Likes