XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

3 Likes

Saw a article on Facebook about how a RDR2 current gen upgrade was “confirmed”. So I check it out.

It’s based on that “leaker” AccountNGT and all he said was “it’s coming, don’t know much.”

Holy shit, earth shattering news right there, and most definitely confirmed. :roll_eyes:

Anyone and their mother can tell you a upgrade eventually will come or a complete new version for full price. Anyone can be insider now. Lol.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it even needs it tbh lol

Basically only Zombie titles like Last of Us, State of Decay, Resident Evil and Dying Light were succesful horror games in the last decade

1 Like

Epic was also the publisher of Alan Wake Remastered on Xbox and Playstation. So they not only didn’t make a profit on their own store but also not on consoles. Maybe the Switch port will make them some money :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

60fps would be lovely, but it really is very, very playable in 30fps too. Its a way smoother implementation than AC Valhalla for example.

Didn’t realize it wasn’t 60. I bought it and put it down after like 30 minutes so I guess I’ll wait for an update. Waited this long

It has a very „heavy” feeling animation of character movement. Similar thing is in Uncharted 4. I played recent collection on Ps5, and the difference between 30 and 60 fps feels smaller than in other titles.

That’s a good point. But I notice it in Witcher 3 too, I love the 30fps implementation in that game.

the other forum is a joke. ps#1

Microsoft had two games with this studio

• long development times
  • expensive
  • not that great of games with repeating design flaws
  • financial flops and and not very marketable

I’m sorry but it’s the reality, I know their games are cool but very flawed and aren’t massively attractive

5 Likes

Sounds like Microsoft’s poor management at work again

The same flaws appeared with Control but that one was helped more by being multiplatform, co-marketed by Sony, and was put on every subscription service there is.

4 Likes

Control was a brilliant game, I can see why people disliked Quantum Break but I still thought it was good.

You seen me post here long enough to not take that serious lol

Still need to get around to Control, maybe I’ll bump it up to #2 on the back log

3 Likes

Lol nah I actually knew it wasn’t serious I just wanted to clarify that I also think Control shares similar problems and not only the Xbox partnered games. The problems even date back to Max Payne.

1 Like

I think there’s a lot good in it myself, but just with so much wrong as well. I know some people love it do death, but I see that generally it still had Remedy’s bad and repetitive encounter design, and just a weird structure that makes the game feel empty and staged.

All in all It’s very clear why MS didn’t explore further publishing games with Remedy or acquiring them despite that the games look cool and have some great qualities.

1 Like

Remedy fell off massively after Max Payne 2 imo

and for me Control was just so damn dull and repeitive, same rooms, same enemies, same guns, they managed to make a world that should have been super bonkers, weird and surprising and made it so incredibly boring and uninteresting

2 Likes

That’s fair, I still thought there was enough unique content in it (e.g. the weird Inception style maze) etc.

Although they didn’t acquire them I’m still surprised that MS sold the Alan Wake rights back to Remedy.