XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

I understand it for GP, even though it sucks they still have to know you actually legit have a subscription. But they still can have that with a temporary hardware-stored DRM authentication that gets deleted if you turn off the system or reset the time/date, which they have that hardware capability btw, but don’t seem to utilize it.

Did anyone actually switch your system into offline mode? Sometimes that is needed to play when there are network issues.

Its weird what’s needed sometimes.

Edit: I think this is the navigation path:

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
  • Select Profile & system > Settings.
  • Choose General > Network settings.
  • Select Go offline.
2 Likes

I am sure @peter42O can advise

Yeah I’ve tried all of that, doesn’t seem to work for me sadly.

Atleast the network is up now.

1 Like

Do you have your console set to be your home xbox?

2 Likes

In all honesty, I have never used off-line mode. Don’t need to. When I play games, im always off-line unless the game itself (Division, Outriders, etc.) requires an internet connection in order to play it.

For example, I just turned on my Series X and in the Network settings, it has an option that says “go offline” but I didn’t click and wouldn’t need to because im already off-line as my ethernet cable isn’t connected.

I also validate all my games (disc and digital) by starting them when connected online. Once I get to the title screen, I go back to the dashboard and quit the app. This way, I can play off-line with no issues whatsoever.

1 Like

Yep ! Tried all of the tricks lol

VOD for today’s stream, went through my process for making review videos (the one I made in this goes live tomorrow morning). Was a fun to do peak behind the scenes.

5 Likes

God damn it has been like over 8 hours & servers are still down for me and i still can’t play any games wtf Im trying to beat GTA San Andreas before it leaves gamepass and i can’t even do that cause of the server outages they taking so long to fix hope we get some compensation for this

1 Like

Move XBLG into Game Pass all tiers, to compensate Game Pass Ultimate losing out on value with Gold going into all tiers, add Ubisoft + into GPU.

Game Pass = 300+ games, Xbox Live Gold, xCloud

Game Pass Ultimate = 300+ games, Xbox Live Gold, xCloud, EA Play, Ubisoft +

Downtime was kinda long. I wonder what has transpired there.

The problem is that PC Game Pass already has EA Play without online pay.

For puck and app you essentially don’t need a subscription if you play only F2P games. And for others I guess they will introduce pure XCloud tier for 5-6$ probably.

I don’t think that matters, mostly talking about console GP and merging everyone who has Gold to GP is probably the best move instead of just deleting Gold, if they merge it they get GP subscribers.

I also don’t ever see a xCloud only subscription because if they do that then they’ll have to try get you to subscribe to xCloud AND GP, they want GP subs not xCloud subs. This is why they will combine xCloud, Gold and GP as the base tier imo. A xCloud only service is literally just Stadia and look how that went…

They most likely don’t want to have too many different subs as it would become confusing. I think really they should have 1 base sub that includes everything like GP/Gold/Xcloud/PC GP as the base. Being able to play on any device without thinking ‘do I have the right sub for this?’ can you just imagine if Netflix had different subs for phones, consoles and TVs?

End game for GP imo

Game Pass = 300+ games, Xbox Live Gold, xCloud, PC GP $14.99

Game Pass Ultimate = 300+ games, Xbox Live Gold, xCloud, PC GP, EA Play, Ubisoft +, Perks $19.99

Game Pass Ultimate Plus = 300+ games, Xbox Live Gold, xCloud, PC GP, EA Play, Ubisoft +, Perks, DLC or BP for all 1st party titles $24.99

I wonder what the Game Pass Ultimate Plus Elite Platinum Super Premium version will contain :wink:

heh it’s just 3 tiers, I don’t think it’ll get that bad.

Sorry was just joking with you :wink:.

I think if they went for a tier over ultimate they would just rename it entirely.

It would be confusing for everyday consumers if the ‘Ultimate’ version didn’t contain everything. Especially when you consider the definition for Ultimate is ‘at the end’ or ‘final’ and there are tiers which then surpass it.

Oh I know :slight_smile: maybe they call it Game Pass, Game Pass Premium and Game Pass Ultimate heh

1 Like

Personally I don’t see them differentiating the tiers this way, where it gets better and better. Their current system is pretty good I think, with two tiers being equal but for different hardware, and then a third tier that combine them and gives a little something extra.

It’s simple to understand from just the tier names, and targets different demographics. The only addition that makes sense to me is to change Gold into an xCloud tier as I’ve already posted.

Then you’ve got one tier for console users, one tier for PC users, one tier for cloud users, and an Ultimate tier for the ultimate gamer that want to be able to play in more than one of those categories.

Gold will be eventually retired and online multiplayer will become free. So there won’t be Gold and that’s why Microsoft is trying to find a way to make people who pay only for Gold to move to Game Pass.

I see it like this

• Game Pass Cloud → cloud enabled games
  • Game Pass Xbox → xbox games
  • Game Pass PC → PC games + EA Play
  • Game Pass Ultimate → Game Pass PC + EA Play + Game Pass Xbox + Game Pass Cloud

Then you will be able to play F2P cloud for free and potentially the games you own via cloud too (will it be included in a plan or just for free). It is also interesting to see what mobile perks that will integrate into Game Pass. Maybe there will be Game Pass Mobile or something.

PC Game Pass is a main headache there as it includes EA Play while Xbox Game Pass does not. If Xbox Game Pass loses Gold, it will have less features than PC Gamess.

So? The problem with Stadia is that there was no alternative. With Game Pass nobody forces you to be subscribed to xCloud only. But if you buy streaming puck, what else can you expect there? Only cloud games.

1 Like

Yeah, I pretty much agree completely. Except I don’t think Microsoft will want to give up all that money that Gold is making, so instead of making online completely free, I think they’ll include it in all Game Pass tiers, and charge the same for the Cloud tier as they currently charge for Gold.