XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Well, Square Enix will just die without Switch yes. Switch is fine without any publishers anyway :joy: They will sell another 20 maps for Mario Galaxy DLC and it will sell millions.

I did a post on the other topic but I donā€™t think SE would be as impactful as many would think.

When you look at the biggest Japanese games (not just JRPG) thereā€™s other Japanese publishers who would be just as impactful.

Square Enix

• Final Fantasy
  • NieR / Drakengard
  • SaGa
  • Xenogears
  • Chrono
  • Star Ocean

Capcom

• Monster Hunter
  • Dragonā€™s Dogma
  • Mega Man
  • Breath of Fire
  • Resident Evil
  • Devil May Cry
  • Street Fighter

Konami

• Castlevania
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Momotaro Dentetsu
  • eBaseball Pro Yakyu
  • Suikoden
  • Yu-Gi-Oh

SEGA

• Persona
  • Bayonetta
  • Yakuza
  • Sakura Wars
  • Phantasy Star
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Sonic
  • Shin Megami Tensei
  • Puyo Puyo

Armor Project

• Dragon Quest

Bandai Namco

• Dragon Ball
  • Super Robot Wars
  • Xenosaga
  • Digimon
  • Tekken
  • Dead or Alive
  • Tales of Berseria/Arise
  • Dark Souls

Level 5

• Yo-Kai Watch
  • Inazuma Eleven

Nihon Falcon

• The Legend of Heroes
  • Trails
  • Ys

Koei Tecmo

• Nioh
  • Atelier
  • Samurai Warriors

Nippon

• Disgaea

Kadokawa

• Danganronpa (Spike Chunsoft)
  • Elden Ring? (Fromsoftware)
3 Likes

The full-stack, scalable quantum supercomputer Microsoft is building isnā€™t ready just yet ā€” but the tech giant is already working with the government and other companies to prepare quantum-inspired algorithms to run on classic high-performance computers and, hopefully, pave the way for workloads of the future.

Oh sh1t! If Science fiction has teach me anything is that any quantum-stuff related experiments and creations have the possibility to end the world :open_mouth:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t Google already experiment with one?

IBM too according to that article.

We are closer to create Doctor Manhattan!!

1 Like

For me Capcom and SEGAā€¦ :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

But it does sound like nothing is certain yet in terms of SE and Sony. But I hope they do get them, not much would change for Xbox. I mean those few games we randomly did get? Meh.

1 Like

Square does feel a shell of former self and Iā€™m not saying it because of their western division selloff. I think the only good game they made this year was Triangle Strategy and thatā€™s niche as it can get. Itā€™s like late last gen and this have been really rocky.

Great summary! I donā€™t mean to sound all doom and gloom with it, if anything I think losing Square doesnā€™t really change a whole lot for Xbox customers given how much of it is tied up by Sony and Nintendo (although this does also mean an acquisition has a lot to gain for Xbox) - but I do think they woulda been a great choice and Iā€™d have been real happy seeing their content on game pass.

It seems a little odd, because the rumours seem to imply there were on the verge of announcing a few weeks ago and so perhaps something delayed it, and now Square Enix has announced a completely different deal selling a separate part of itā€™s company.

2 Likes

Yes! This is perfect tbh. Almost too good to be trueā€¦ The interesting parts of SE sold off to a multiplat publisher and Sony waste their budget on the rest which they would moneyhat away from Xbox anyway. haha

7 Likes

Xbox network been down for anyone ?

I was having issues launching game pass games earlier and just got booted from a match in Halo.

Edit:. Looks like theyā€™re aware.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-live-status

1 Like

ā€œItā€™s hard for markets to be totally optimistic when inflation is going up, growth is going down and interest rates are rising fast across the globe,ā€ he added.

ā€œItā€™s clear that all of them [central banks] are talking tough at this stage. But the reality is that lots of tightening will eventually lead to economic contraction,ā€ he said.

ā€œIn the euro zone and in the U.S. they are nowhere near realizing that actually there will be some form of contraction of economic activity,ā€ he later added.

Oh no :c

So thereā€™s just no way of playing gamepass games offline ?

Itā€™s been hours lol.

Game Pass games should work offline but their offline system is so damn inconsistent if you donā€™t do everything right.

But why, is the network down for you? Iā€™m playing just fine currently

Never seems to work for me, DRM sucks :expressionless:

And I have no clue, itā€™s been down for like 7 hours now.

The support page says they almost have it resolved, unfortunately they donā€™t give a time frame outside of that

Yeah, Iā€™ve seen that.

Iā€™m more so annoyed at the lack of being able to play games offline than the actual network being down those things happen, I canā€™t get mad at that.

well something is strange this time, in the rare cases live goes down I could still play my games offline; however this time its giving me a expired subscription error not a license error. my sub is good for the next few months