XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

I just think they should have all tiers of GP have access to all methods of playing games on PC/Console/xCloud, that way it’s easy all you need is GP and you have access to all these games on any device you own. What happens if you have a PC and want to game on mobile with xCloud you would have to sign up to GP:U even if you don’t have a console and pay extra for it right now. If there was a sub for each platform then you’ll have people having to sign up for the same service twice which I don’t think people would do because it’s hard enough to get them on 1 sub.

That is just too much, like I said before imagine having to sign up for Netflix on each different device and I know it’s not exactly the same thing but people would most likely think it’s weird. Again I think having GP have access to all methods of play is a better idea then you can add other features to stuff like GP:U, having GP for each different method of play is just weird to me.

I agree with this just not the cloud tier hehe

But at the end of the day I don’t mind either way really, just I think making it more streamlined would be better.

On this we agree. I think where we differ is just what constitutes more streamlined and what constitutes too complex. It must be a matter of how our brains are wired, cause I think your system is way too complicated and the system me and @TheBrightestSun suggests is much simpler to understand. While you appear to think the exact opposite. :slight_smile:

It’s kind of interesting how our reactions are so different. Gives you an insight into how difficult it must be to be the people at Xbox in charge of making these changes. What design will be the easiest and best for the most people? I guess this is why they have focus groups for these kinds of things.

1 Like

They will make online free sooner or later. At one point Game Pass subscribers and the revenue they will get from F2P games and other entities will surpass whatever they make via online multiplayer. A lot of games onlines are pivoting to F2P anyway and games like Warzone and GTA are even introducing their own subscriptions.

Yeah, you would have to buy two subscription. What’s wrong with that? Games you own might be available for you via xCloud but if you want additional xCloud features that it is obvious that you have to pay for that. Just subscribe to Ultimate then (a lot of people are subscribed to Ultimate while not having PC for example).

Netflix provides you only with a single way to watch TV - online. Just like with xCloud you will get to play the games only one way - online.

It is bad business decision to offer all the methods in a single subscription.

Yup this is for sure why they have focus groups haha, I don’t think they can go wrong either way. This is why things like this take a long time, there probably is even a 3rd thing we’re not even thinking about.

I think it’s hard enough to get someone to sign up for the service so having so many options will make it overcomplicated imo.

I’m looking at it differently than that, the one Netflix subscription allows you to watch on TV, console, mobile, tablet and a million other devices, they don’t force you to subscribe per platform which is suggested here that I’m not a fan.

Again all streaming services do that though, I think it complicates everything have a sub for every platform and there probably is some truth to this as to why xCloud isn’t it’s own sub now, but that could just be because its in ‘beta’

End of the day like I keep saying I don’t think either option is too far off what would be ideal.

1 Like

It is not more difficult than the existing subscription services offered by various providers and service. They usually have three tiers at least.

And all streaming services provide only way to watch the content - via cloud service. Gaming is different - you can get games without a subscription, you can get games on PC or other platforms, or you can go away completely and play on F2P games on mobile. Thus tiers are inevitable simply because PC/console/mobile are different platforms.

I think Game Pass Cloud, Game Pass Xbox, Game Pass PC, Game Pass Mobile (not sure if there will be one like Google and Apple provide now though) and ultimate is probably a way forward.

“You play on PC? PC Game Pass”, “You play everywhere? Ultimate”. GPU is a very attractive offering.

1 Like

F

2 Likes

I cant believe they still have a QA tester playing this… :rofl:

1 Like

Where’s the backlash over it? Should Platnum Games be shut down and the studio head fired :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I won’t go that far, but I will remind everyone that I’ve been saying PlatinumGames should be acquired by Amazon.

Oh I’m just saying what is being said about 343i, you know the game with much more better quality. Just find it weird how shit some games are and you don’t see that but poor 343i gets abused like it was a Bablon’s Fall or BF2042 disaster.

Amazon? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Yes. It would be glorious.

2 Likes

6 Likes

At this point not even Amazon would want them lol.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I agree!

Imagine if Xbox did step in and buy them for 200-300 million, especially after letting CD and Eidos go, there would be uproar!

1 Like

I highly doubt, MS has their hands full with their onw studios and also having to put Activision into good shape later.

Getting another studio that does have talent, but has absolutely no direction and management is not a great idea right now.

1 Like

1 Like

They would not cost that much. They don’t have IPs. Even 4A (with Metro) cost 40m. Even in the current market it would cost at best around 50-60m.

So Platinum would be even less.

Id honestly be curious what their price would be, gotta be very very low, no IPs, not a big team afaik and havn’t exactly been pumping out big titles

I’ll say it again, as crappy as their output has ben recently, MS really should be going after them, it’s a nice first step into Japan

1 Like