XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

You can have a janitor leave from a studio for bigger opportunity and people will still say Xbox is doom.

8 Likes
7 Likes

1 Like

Anyone else saw the latest Fantastic Beasts movie?

I watched the first two earlier this week, the first one still be so damn enjoyable and the second just really not all that interesting.

Just saw 3 in the cinema, definitely a lot better than the second but it just doesnā€™t come near the first one, it misses something. But still had a good time.

Time for me to unbox more shit I probably donā€™t even have time for :sweat_smile:

A couple parcelsā€¦

Atelier Lulua. The box is kinda damaged. Itā€™s fine lol, it was used anyway. The cartridge is fine, and I think the damaged box made it quite a bit cheaper than the other options (and cheaper than the digital versions)

Donā€™t feel like typing out the full titleā€¦ Ateliers of the New World. Yes I think youā€™ve noticed a common theme here. Also used but the condition is much better, and the cheapest Atelier game (probably because itā€™s more like a town builder spin off).

The newest Atelier game, Atelier Sophie 2.

Yes itā€™s my mission now to collect every Atelier game on Switch :triumph:. I enjoyed my time with Atelier Ryza 1 and 2 so now Iā€™m gonna check out the others.

The toughest to acquire will be Atelier Mysterious Trilogy and Dusk Trilogy because their MSRPs are actually ~$100 each. Not scalped either, they always costed this much, even digital (which my Switch doesnā€™t have the storage space for anyway).

Thereā€™s Atelier Lydie&Suelle as well but this is a useless game to buy nowadays because an updated DX version is on the Mysterious Trilogy cartridge. so Iā€™ll skip that.

The nice thing about these games is they tend to be ā€œonlyā€ about 30 hours long. Playing Trails games lately has conditioned me to 100+ hour long JRPGs. Atelier games will go by in a blink compared to those.

Oh, and I wasnā€™t done

Actually quite cheap. They were discounted on Amazon. Mana was only $20 even. Never played any Mana games but Iā€™m happy to add another JRPG to the collection at that price.

NIS Classics Vol 1 - NIS has Game Pass to thank for me picking this up because I enjoyed my time with Disgaea 4 PC on GP a while back. That was my first NIS game. Heard good things about these 2 games and really almost all their PS2 lineup, so itā€™s nice theyā€™re getting those on Switch and PC now (skipping PS4 weirdly enough)

8 Likes

Nice collection!!

Do you recomend the Atelier games? Do they change the gameplay every new game or do they follow the same formula?

Another Marvelous game. This is from the creators of Daemon x Machina.

I get ā€œXBLAā€ vibes from this. Not sure how to describe it. Very 7th gen.

3 Likes

This is very cool. I hope people give it a go, Klonoa was such a neat character back in the day.

2 Likes

I only played the two Atelier Ryza games and enjoyed those. Now Iā€™m checking out the rest.

From my knowledge they do heavily change things up. Even the two Ryza games played differently. Now for changing things up, I know that Atelier Sophie has a turn based battle system while in Ryza it was more like the ā€œATBā€ style from Final Fantasy games. I know some of the games also experiment with giving you a time limit to complete the story (this is not in Ryza so I donā€™t know the details)

The thing I enjoyed a lot in Atelier Ryza was crafting absolutely absurdly overpowered weapons. This is something I love about the Trails games too (how OP you can get). I love becoming the OP anime power fantasy lmao. I crushed the games even on Hard mode. The exploration was very fun too. I also dig JRPGs with recurring characters (Trails again lol) which Atelier also seems to do so Iā€™m looking forward to that.

Now here is all of them together. Fun series to collect thanks to Gust porting as as much of the series as they could on Switch

1 Like

If you can get Atelier Iris Trilogy, do yourself a favor and play it

I couldnā€™t play another Atelier game after this trilogy. Sadly the director left Gust after Iris 3.

1 Like
1 Like

Day one purchase

2 Likes

If I wasnā€™t still super content with my C9 I would seriously consider this, at the same time I would be a little reluctant too. The amount of issues I had with the Samsung Q9FN was no joke.

XboxEra Plays - YouTube

Reminder we have a 2nd YouTube page where I put up all my (now 1440p!) vods from our Twitch channel! If we can getā€¦ 900 more subs we can even monetize it!

7 Likes

Subd

2 Likes

Pricing seem super expensive compared to LG. I think I would prob stick with LG when I upgrade my TV set

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s 3339 or so here, crazy. I donā€™t have that kind of money, but if I hadā€¦itā€™s just too much for a TV and yeah LG is fantastic.

From what Iā€™m hearing is that the Sammy goes way brighter, thatā€™s cool I guess. But I had a Q9FN and that went insane bright and I got used to that really quick. And now with my C9 even during daytime in my living room itā€™s often fine actually.

1 Like
2 Likes

This got me hyped for this TV. Still happy with my CX. But this looks so good