XboxEra Community Hangout |OT7| Define "AAAA"

Finally watched the first two epidoes of Better Call Saul last night and I was again reminded how good the series is. I think I have a reasonable idea where the Kim and Jimmy storyline is going and it’s just amazing how the series can ramp up the tension, as what is happening with Nacho.

can’t believe that competitor specifically asked PS fans for a ‘help’ on twitter. like wtf. why not ‘gamers’ or something…

I’m so bored that I caved and gave Tiny Tina a shot. Borderlands feels old; the gunplay, humor and aesthetic. It’s kind of gross. Refunded that junk.

1 Like

Its such a solid show. Even during the slower parts its so interesting with what the characters are doing.

1 Like

Vgchartz numbers are not reliable at all, Why is Aaron Greenberg acknowledging them?

smh!

1 Like

Especially in the earlier seasons, it is a bit of a slow show, but the characters are so well written that you remain glued to what is happening.

1 Like

I’m guessing that even if the numbers are incorrect the point that they are making about the X/S being ahead of the 360 numbers is true.

8 Likes
8 Likes

I’ve been 100% out of the loop for a couple months. Between halo, and then elden ring, and life I haven’t been keeping up with gaming news and rumors for 4+ months.

Do we have an idea about when the big games showcase will be?

June according to Grubb

With the recent Xbox news on Japanese games, I was thinking on how cool and varied the Japanese output on Xbox was. Experimental titles like Phantom Dust where its concept hasn’t been reused for nearly two decades. Evolutions on classic formulas like Lost Odyssey which further built on FF7.

I’m glad to see more third-party support on XSS/XSX. Seeing Atlus and Spike Chunsoft launch games on Xbox makes me very happy and also eager to see what’s next. Hopefully the Xbox partnerships lead to some new magic as well.

Side-note, I was finally able to find a JP Lost Odyssey copy for just €10. The cover art being printed on harder paper (rice-paper?) is pretty cool and authentic.

11 Likes

Keighley’s Summer Game Fest is in June. I’m expecting Microsoft’s Xbox Games Showcase to be Sunday June 12th which already has the PC Gaming Showcase and Games Radar Future Games Showcase set for that same day. Most likely early evening so that would leave early afternoon empty which is where Microsoft has been the last several years.

1 Like

It should be Saturday so that we can talk about it on Sunday with peace

Been following the tech for a little while and QD-OLED fixes a lot of issues with traditional OLED. The problem is the sets we get this year will all be first gen versions and I expect a lot of improvements over the next few years while coming down in price, which may cause some buyers remorse. I’m looking at the 77" G2 as my next TV but that will depend on being able to get a good AVR where I can actually plug all my current and future hdmi 2.1 devices into and get the full functionality. It’s crazy we get a huge amount of TV’s with all the features but getting the AVR that has all that with 4+ inputs that support it is near impossible

1 Like

I wonder what Sony will announce the next week considering that there are gonna be Microsoft Quarterly report and Sony tend to announce something. Like last time the announced the amount of the consoles sold on the next day after MS Q report, despite having their own week later. Maybe acquisition? Or some State of Play or whatever.

2 Likes

September 9th, so I think this got swapped for Xenoblade.

VG Chartz is not reliable at all.

6 Likes

Ooh, it’s cool to see them post passionately like this. The Xbox One generation was rough for the Xbox team so this new found respect and value from the mothership IE Microsoft must feel real good. The marketing team must be one of the best places at the moment because of all the new money they get to go after deals and stuff like big deals like ABK.

The best thing for marketing is the amount of studios and games coming that they have to work with compared to last gen lol.

1 Like