XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

2 Likes

Itā€™s truly ridiculous yeah. I remember the tweet I think it was by the studio that it was coming to Xbox. It suffered a delay and then silence. Is it still a big hit on PS that itā€™s worth for Sony to do this?

I thought that Fall Guys was out on Switch but apparently it isnā€™t, those Sony moneyhats are real. lol

I am really curious to see how Sony heavily marketed indies like F.I.S.T. and Solar Ash are selling on Playstation, we know that Kena did pretty good but curious to see how those two sold. Their OTā€™s on otherera were pretty small considering the marketing push that those two got. Curious to see if indie developers continue to make deals with Sony at the same rate as we go deeper into the generation. :thinking:

They are indeed, anyway Iā€™m seeing more Xbox and Nintendo indie deals on average, everyone knows PS is not that great anymore for indies, Sony trained its own customers to value only high budget games, thatā€™s why Kena was successful: it is very well done graphically-wise.

1 Like

Watched two episodes of Archive81 on Netflix now. Mystery/horror and Iā€™m liking it.

I really want to play Kena, but know Sony and their deals it probably wonā€™t come to Xbox this year.

1 Like

I doubt this has anything to do with Sony, maybe if the game was never announced for xbox/switch I could see why people might speculate but nah

The game has fallen off HARD since it came out, it was big for a month and then vanished, at least on twitch

People need to remember we are 1. Still dealing with Covid which delays things massively and 2. porting to another 2 systems while also working on new season content is gonna take time

As for the other indies, its not surprising Kena did well, they marketed it a lot, it looked cute but most of all, GRAFIX, the others might not have that luxury

1 Like

Returnal and Rachet and Clank getting 2 and 1 respectively for 2021 GOTY at Kinda Funny is sussy

1 Like

In all seriousness though, preferences and all. Our GOTY list is likely to have FH5 and Halo Infinite in the top 2 spots.

Still donā€™t understand why they even bothered to create Xcast when everyone and their mothers already know that theyā€™re PS-focused with the 'PS I love you" slogan back at the time.

4 Likes

Theyā€™re definitely a PS centric channel but donā€™t do Xcast like that. Parris and Mike are good people and fight the good fight for Xbox on that channel lol

5 Likes

Money

6 Likes

I love Xcast.

But just to view things on an objective level, it makes sense. Xbox is growing fast. The brand is revitalized. And people want to talk about it. Itā€™s not a surprise weā€™ve seen things like XCast and Defining Duke pop up. More people want to talk about Xbox and way more wanna listen.

And ultimately, having shows like Xcast is the right call. You canā€™t force say Tim Gettyā€™s to turn into a mega Xbox fan overnight and it can come across as disingenuous or uninformed if you donā€™t have the right folks on. People like Parris, Gary, Mike, Alanah etc. know their stuff and that shines through.

5 Likes

This. There was literally no reason to be covering Xbox when most of these channels popped off.

Engagements and viewerships were rock bottom, most people I knew didnā€™t even know what was going on with Xbox, let alone a give a shit about it, my self included.

Thatā€™s been slowly changing over the last 2 years, the community has never been stronger, thereā€™s a new Xbox podcast every other week, interest is at an all time high, etc etc.

Eventually, there will be parity in how these outlets discuss Nintendo/Sony/Xbox or atleast as close as we can possibly get too. Itā€™ll take time but weā€™re already witnessing the change happen.

1 Like

E3 canceled Even Digital event ? time to spring showcase

If thereā€™s not even a Xbox show during E3 time, yeah, may as well hold it way earlier. If thatā€™s doable for the studios to have stuff ready.

1 Like

well one show needs to be only for Starfield showcase.

As in separate shows? I think weā€™re still gonna get a Xbox showcase in June, itā€™s just not associated with E3 anymore. Thereā€™s no reason they wouldnā€™t.

1 Like

imagine having Starfield at geoff Summer show

hope they do livestream only for starfield

Is this true ?

I played it on PC at the higher frames lol so thatā€™s definitely not the issue, at least in my experience. The game isnā€™t really crazy reliant on frametimes and high framerates. The higher framerates only make the same slow as fuck animations play smoother, thatā€™s all, the actions are still fundamentally designed to be chore-ish. And yeah, itā€™s by design, Iā€™m not saying Rockstar didnā€™t know what they were doing. Just that what they were doing was not particularly good for the game part of the game.

Of course it has issues, itā€™s not flawless but my judgment of it isnā€™t coming from what critics think but what I think. There are several 10 rated GOTYs that the industry has given that I similarly think have some aspects that disallow it from being perfect. But all things considered, just that in 2018, GoW was simply a better fit for the award than RDR2, holistically speaking, not just some of the gameā€™s strengths being extremely high while others being contemptuously bad.

1 Like