XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Original rumors about Avowed that were basically verified say it isn’t as large as skyrim but is much denser.

No No No GIF by Chaz French

Avowed is supposed to be a AAA RPG, don’t put this energy out there lol

8 Likes

Didn’t Sponger say it was a much bigger map than Skyrim? Both bigger and denser?

Yep, I think Jez saying it having a similar scope to TOW without even knowing it was a bit rushed, anyway no big deal, we know nothing really outside rumours and whispers. We only know Obsidian pedigree and I’m confident.

I’m willing it into existence it’s going to be 1 biome set in a desert and there is just 1 small cave you can enter, the rest is just an empty desert.

On a serious note, I was just saying if it were the same size and scope as TOW I wouldn’t be mad, also wouldn’t be mad if it was bigger. I do love me some smaller games though that don’t take 500 hours to complete :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I might be misremembering

Edit: I read what he wrote, the way I interpret what he wrote is the game will be larger but may not be as big in terms of pure mileage/walking distance.

3 Likes

Something on the size of TOW doesnt make sense

TOW was deliberately a smaller scale game, they said numerous times that they didnt want to be compared to Fallout because of it

By the time Avowed releases it will have been in development for far longer, with a larger team with full backing from MS with less time constraints, this is finally for the first time that Obsidian will be able to go all out and really flex, small scale doesnt make sense

Now I dont think people should be expecting Skyrim, a Skyrim level game in 2023 requires a BGS sized team, not the 100 or so that made it in 2011 but theres a middle ground between TOW and ES that im sure they can strive for

5 Likes

I know Jez saw the game and knows 1000x more than I do but I’m not taking his comments about Avowed being comparable to TOW literally

4 Likes

He literally said he saw only combat related things and don’t know the real scale of the game, then he added the comparison with TOW, a bit confusing. XD

1 Like

Ah, yes. Got it.

Honestly it doesn’t have to be as big, a bit smaller but more dense sounds absolutely perfect to me. I do hope it’s fully open, and not like ToW. But whatever they choose to do, I’m sure it’s gonna be great.

I am very curious about their combat system. Hope it feels good, visceral, hope the hits really…well, feel like you’re hitting a mofo, lol, unlike TES. Something I hope TES VI makes huge improvements with.

1 Like

Skyrim is a game from 2011, I give for granted BGS has overhauled the combat. XD

Good combat in fantasy rpgs is not that common (cough TW3 cough), if Avowed has it would be great.

2 Likes

Im expecting Avowed to be like a Bioware RPG, one large hub, then say 3 or 4 smaller ones

Avowed is Obsidians biggest RPG ever. They said that right before they unveiled Avowed when they were like, oh btw those rumors we’re making a massive RPG are true.

If you really think RDR2 plays better than God of War, I don’t know what to tell you. I’ll take a pretty responsive good combat system with some awful camera shenanigans over a moving through molasses slogfest any day. RDR2 excels in its production and characters and story, but thinks too highly of itself to presume that people playing it treat looting a body and opening drawers for the hundredth time with the same level of allure and wonder as the first time. Like “cool bro, we get it, you crunched your staff to hell to get these super detailed 500 frame animations, but can we get past this now?”

This is literally a lukewarm ass take btw, most people I’ve come across who’ve played both the games and loved them agree. But okay.

2 Likes

the gameplay of RDR 2 was weak on consoles, shooting with 30fps felt bad.

on pc with higher frames much better.

the long hours of RDR 2 hurt the game most.

now do i think GOW better than RDR 2 and deserve goty ? No at all, GOW Had issues that other games would get criticized for.

i think decent fun gameplay and the journey of Kratos, being father and simple story hooked people and journalists.

:fire:

8 Likes

Will we ever, ever get Fall Guys? It’s just beyond silly now.

I doubt it’s a normal delay at this point, anyway it’s incredible how Sony blocks even indies for years and years, it’s a bit too much.

1 Like

Doubt it, Sony sending monthly checks at this point to keep it off xbox!

2 Likes