XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Totally agree, Nier Automata was an amazing experience IMO but yeah it isn’t for everybody. Taro is a weird dude and his quirkiness comes out in his games a bit too much (which can be a positive for some but a negative for others), both Nier games are a love or hate affair to be honest. :man_shrugging:

Also

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1500833707887841284?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1500835750354591753|twgr^|twcon^s2_&ref_url=

Definitely playing this when it hits! can’t wait to return to this great game! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Good as I don’t expect Xbox shows, I want at least something from somebody :sweat_smile:

But Sony has a lot of evenets recently. I guess aside this show, they started to have State of Plays for each game they are gonna release soon right? I guess Xbox can use that template in the future.

Nintendo Direct + State of Play are the best gaming events, and with the tons of content the developers of the two companies working on, hopes they turned into monthly events.

This is most probably a bigger event , not a state of play .

I think it will be similar to PSX event or whatevet it was called, where they showed KOTOR time exclusivity.

That was basically their “E3”

1 Like

Big chance we’ll see a new trailer for Hogwarts Legacy and that’s nice.

Yup . And probably Gotham knights too .

2 Likes

They have a lot of deals with WB I guess.

E3 size showcase in March is odd. Usually they wait until at least May. Still hoping Xbox does it’s big E3 size showcase in May like in some prior years.

This isn’t an E3 showcase, these don’t exist for them anymore.

They do big showcases around the E3 time, but nothing dictates they can only do it at that period, if they have content ready to show they’ll show it.

Nintendo does the same with random big Directs.

1 Like

Iv already seen the rumors along with this state of play of the “playstation has aquired a konami IP” Gasp again. Bloodbourne 2 is next like clockwork

Tom Henderson and VGC are reliable.

1 Like

I’m hoping it’s next week because if it gets announced today/tomorrow for Thursday, im not expecting much but if they announce it 7+ days ahead, then im expecting a bigger showcase. The name also determines if it’s small/big. State of Play is small. PlayStation Showcase is big.

I don’t see monthly events happening. I think one showcase a quarter is good.

Sony’s September showcase has been my favorite thus far of the three they’ve done. June 2020 and September 2020 weren’t as good for me personally.

Agreed. Expecting a November release date.

This isn’t an E3 type showcase but it could be close. I’m expecting Sony to do at least two PlayStation Showcases a year. March is a good bet and September. Sony can then have their smaller State of Play events in between as well as using Keighley’s E3/Gamescome shows and The Game Awards.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Guess FF16 is even further away

Was just going to post the Forspoken delay which I was expecting. Also, while some were thinking FFXVI was releasing late this year, I was always expecting Spring 2023.

1 Like

So do we now have a Playstation 5 drought from March to October?

8 Likes

smirk

7 Likes

But a showcase is rumored to be happening this month, so who knows what they’ll announce for these upcoming months. It’s possible there’s some stuff, nothing crazy big though.