XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Mine just got in yesterday. Tiny but hefty console.

2 Likes

Well, you did beat @SoulBlazerz Halo MP review. :wink:

5 Likes

I wish they would

hey guys.

Iā€™ve been playing Nier Automata recently, and 10 hours in it is starting to feel like a Ubisoft game. or how Mike Minotti calls it ā€œa map gameā€.

The Story is so bizarre that I have zero interest in the characters and whatā€™s going to happen.

can someone please tell me itā€™s going to get better? cause I was intending to finish it before it leaves game pass on March 15th. and now I donā€™t think I will even finish the main storyline :woozy_face:

1 Like

I finished it but I honestly didnā€™t have much of a good time, especially at the latter parts of the game (and there are many latter parts lol). I wasnā€™t hooked to neither the story nor the gameplay, the open world and traversal were especially garbage. The music was a banger though and some boss fights were cool in design and backstory.

If youā€™re not interested in the story then no, I honestly donā€™t think it gets better.

1 Like

I never understood the nove for nier. It was a ok game but to me wasnt special

sexy robot lady

2 Likes

Teaching my kids about the good old days

14 Likes

"and each of these lasted you roughly 3 hours or so & came on a heavy plastic cartridge that cost between $50 and $70 US!

1 Like

Then again games were much more simple back then

I felt the same. I gave it up after 3 to 4 hours. Couldnt really get in to the world or the characters

Sports games and RPGs got purchased, all other games were rented. For me no game could ever be great enough to pay 50 plus bucks and get less than 20 hours of playthrough(I donā€™t replay games) let alone something like 3-5 hours.

1 Like

My favorite console :heart: Loved having Sega Channel.

1 Like

I assume you have finished the game once? Story get very confusing but interesting. Very meta. The third ending is where it gets interesting. I would recommend a Spoiler free guide what to do for the true ending. The second ending requires to do the start of the game once agin but it will change throughout.

My childhood right here man.

1 Like

I liked NierA and its world, characters and combat very much but i can see where you are coming from. Its not for everybody. For the complete experience you have to play through it multiple times with more or less different view points. The middle part is the worst imo. If you donā€™t like it now, drop it.

And for the love of god, donā€™t play it like a Ubisoft ā€˜mapā€™ game. There are interesting side activities and quests but you can ignore all of them.

2 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

Just show me Spartacus to get this over with.

2 Likes

I wonder if theyā€™ll show Final Fantasy, but I feel this will be mainly about Spartacus

itā€™s so cool these State of Plays that Sony is doing lately. i hope it is good. :slightly_smiling_face: