XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Interesting. Sonic Frontiers will be subtitled in Korean and Chinese only on Xbox and PC.

1 Like

That is interesting. I wonder what’s the story behind it.

Haha yes the Microsoft-Sega partnership only grows stronger

2 Likes

this is so fucking weird lol what

Anymore? As in it was confirmed to be being developed by them and now its moving to someone else?

This is really weird, if the game is subtitled on one platform the work is already done and even if xbox helped them out it seems like a strange thing to have exclusive

This is where MS money went. Subtitle exclusive!

But really, what’s the story behind this?

5 Likes

Eithet that or Lucid has been missing deadlines so Sony decided to bring the project in-house. Either way, it is not good news for the studio.

I say what the hell and allow Xbox to give Lucid a shot with something under XGSP.

Worst case scenario is another GaaS GamePass service game that dies out quickly.

the markets are growing, Sony pretty much would dominates here unless Nintendo or MS would care about the market

3 Likes

Xbox shouldnt just work with anybody they can, if Lucid arent putting out good work for Sony maybe they just arent very good, I doubt its budget issues if they are working with Sony

2 Likes

Worst case scenario is a sub-par Kart racer for Xbox.

Give me them a shot. Why the hell not?

they need to improve average quality titles from xbox and not downgrade it

1 Like

The devs there made PGR. Reboot it in Forza Tech. They are close enough to Playground to at least get on a call every odd now and then.

I say give em a shot.

Project Blur Racing.

PBR.

1 Like

isn’t Bizarre Creations dead ?

A bit of shame as well (to me) that they are going to use in-house studio to work on it rather than a new IP or something. The benefit of publishing is you have room for your own studio to work on something else. I know I am speaking out of greed for more games, but nevertheless, sad for Lucid to get pulled away.

Lucid was founded by mostly the same staff after Activision shut Bizarre down. Like Obsidian from Black Isle or Firesprite from Sony Liverpool.

then they are not same studio that made PGR the past is the past there is no guarantee of quality here. it’s worth a risk i guess

1 Like

New Phil Interview:

In this conversation, Kara Swisher and Spencer discuss the elements of the metaverse that are mirrored in gaming and whether Xbox aims to become the Netflix of gaming. They also talk about what the gaming industry learned from Gamergate, how Spencer views the sexual misconduct allegations at Activision Blizzard (the publisher of Call of Duty and a close partner of Xbox), and how Microsoft is handling harassment by players on its own games. And while discussing the content moderation problems that are shared by gaming companies and social media platforms, Spencer explains why he thinks stoking enragement would be a “death strategy” for Xbox.

They need to get the game out in 2 years and you dont want a dud