XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

I may have snapped with this new profile picture.

1 Like

No, you have to go through a ridiculous process to get in the same game. Once you die you’re kicked out and have to do it all again. It’s god awful.

2 Likes

Gran Tursimo media event delayed last minute hmmm

https://twitter.com/Tom_Henderson/status/1485694203845918721?t=xnVE4nbOHcLkF3EyHGH2kA&s=19

@JonnJonzz

The Kraken has a tentacle emo hair! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I never said their japanese strategy was good and/or right, I also think it’s very questionable, but it’s clear it’s not within their top 5 or even top 10 priorities for gaming. It is what it is, at least their aggressive acquisition spree in the west had resulted in a japanese studio.

1 Like

They need to change the whole game honestly

How would they change it?

Did you play the remaster or old version? Or PC, which I’ve heard is the equivalent of the remaster.

I think it would be better(subjective from my pov) to have it get away from being a cover based shooter. What to turn it into? I have no idea, but I don’t think it can remain the same. I think the franchise has lost popularity after the original trilogy, and should look to reinvent itself like God of War did. A lot of people in here keep talking about how the multiplayer, which I was never a big fan of, can never hold onto its audience and dies pretty quickly. And that was after they paid a lot of influencers from Dr.Disrespect to Nickmercs to stream the game playing together. So maybe they need to move on from the multiplayer as well. But again just my opinion.

Yea maybe I only play gears for its story that’s it

So do you enjoy how it plays? Or don’t care because you like the story and that’s all you need from it?

It is serviceable but would like some change idk what tho

ok wtf this is unironically looking so much more interesting and polished now.

And the music choice is sublime.

But literally just one “chaos” in the whole trailer? That’s a downgrade. lol

3 Likes

that is not the case for Forza, gears 4 and 5 were good but not great, MP was mismanaged.

halo because they didn’t deliver on H5 story and MCC was mess at launch and it was fixed in 2017/2018 years later from launch date.

13 Likes

I was always confident this would be actually be a good game.

Good to see the graphics were improved and hopefully it runs better than that beta last year (I assume it will). Team Ninja rarely fails to deliver.

1 Like

"Fighting is what I live for " :phil_lmao: :phil_lmao:

1 Like

In my opinion when it comes to gears changing the multi-player will be seen by fans as detrimental as 343 changing it for H4. But the campaign though that’s where TC can expiriment with things, and where they should bring a larger focus to, by making more expansions and not the hive buster stuff that some people seemed to like but I think was largely ignored by the fan base.

For game play for the campaign I think someone mentioned Remnant From The Ashes, and I agree that the game play for that game would suit gears greatly. Reimagining Gears as another souls like shooter, could go a long way to getting the more casual crowd to jump into Gears. They can mix it up with a more lived in world, by having it take place in the actual human settlement that everyone is being evacuated to, quests - yes quests, quest are good, they give you a variety of things to do while exploring and learning more of the world and the characters, leveling - if they borrow from the souls formula may as well go all the way, character builds, just going to full souls like rpg.

This looks kinda cool, fascinating seems to be a studio from Egypt which you don’t hear often!

5 Likes