XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Its probably more and Xbox isn’t obligated to give you numbers

1 Like

After replaying Alan Wake

Alan Wake > Max Payne > QB > Control

2 Likes

They arent but they do love sharing metrics for everything but that.

Gears 5 was played by 3 million players over the first 3 days of release and was a very early Game Pass game. With the Series X and S it’s probably easily over 10 million by now.

4 Likes

They’ve shared metrics for like 3 games

State of Decay wasnt AAA, easy to make profit when thats the case. Forza Horizon was a great success, the same cant be said for FM. SOT had to be grown into what it is today with support.

The argurment is that Gears did well last gen considering the circumstances of the Xbox brand and is on course to do well this gen with the full support of MS

1 Like

For awareness on people looking to upgrade tv’s this year now that CES is over.

I don’t love Gears like I used to but the idea that it’s some massive flop is pretty ridiculous.

3 million in 3 days during the early days of Game Pass is no small feat. Plenty of other Xbox games didn’t meet that mark.

6 Likes

Good thing is we will all know this gen about it who is right or not so :+1: got enough projects for everyone coming in

I don’t want Gears to be Days Gone’d is what I’m saying lol

5 Likes

Its gotten 8-9 games its a fine series.

Yes those numbers are good at launch (netflix stat) but It was a GaaS with like all or more of its updates based around the online and well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Gears multiplayer is much much much much much more niche than any other series though. They probably need to change the multiplayer completely to keep a high player base.

2 Likes

I like Gears and I want more Gears. That’s all I really have to say about it. :smile:

15 Likes

:handshake:

1 Like

I’m not really sure. I thought the DLC would be more heavily played. It was really good and it wasn’t heavily played.

Still don’t know why they didn’t market that game at all lol. The only “marketing” I saw for Gears Tactics and Hivebusters were from Digital Foundry lol.

4 Likes

Took a look inside my XSX, still looks clean as a whistle.

Xbox engineer guys and gals are GOATED.

2 Likes

It was baffling. Everyone on social media was like wtf

They didn’t market the game at all, it should have been marketed as a miles morales type game rather than a DLC to Gears 5.

2 Likes

I dont think you could market it as a miles morales type game under any spot of this earth lol.

Do think the multiplayer component is holding back the franchise

¯_(ツ)_/¯